website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

So the tournament in Aachen doesn't matter anymore right? Why bring that up then? :p 

Yes, I'm aware of the situation around her qualification. So no, it doesn't look like Logutenkova is a cheater as far as I know. Let's ask for a neutral view on the situation because I'm curious now... @dcro, we need you :d 

I wouldn't exactly call Logutenkova a plain cheater, I'd rather call the Ukrainian federation as cheater. No way that Logutenkova did this all by herself. :p

She was outside of qualification zone coming into the last week of qualifications. She competed at some serious World cup competitions where she was scoring 68%-69%, so not good enough to qualify. One of those competitions was in Neumunster just 2 weeks before deadline. But then her sponsor (VIAN Group) organized two competitions in Lier in the last week of qualification period. In Lier she magically massively improved her scores (to 73%-74%, with a help of two Ukrainian judges)...

FEI later disqualified some of her results from that event (in which Ukrainian judges gave her 11% higher marks than anyone else). But they didn't disqualify her other results in which Ukrainian judges gave her 4-5 percent higher marks. And even though they didn't disqualify all Logutenkova's scores, Ukrainian federation still actually blackmailed FEI saying that they would sue them unless they apologize publicly for saying that Ukrainian judges did nationalistic judging (their main reasoning was something like: "It's all a conspiracy against a nation that is in war" :lol::facepalm:). Thankfully FEI at least didn't make any public apologies...

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wouldn't exactly call Logutenkova a plain cheater, I'd rather call the Ukrainian federation as cheater. No way that Logutenkova did this all by herself. :p

She was outside of qualification zone coming into the last week of qualifications. She competed at some serious World cup competitions where she was scoring 68%-69%, so not good enough to qualify. One of those competitions was in Neumunster just 2 weeks before deadline. But then her sponsor (VIAN Group) organized two competitions in Lier in the last week of qualification period. In Lier she magically massively improved her scores (to 73%-74%, with a help of two Ukrainian judges)...

FEI later disqualified some of her results from that event (in which Ukrainian judges gave her 11% higher marks than anyone else). But they didn't disqualify her other results in which Ukrainian judges gave her 4-5 percent higher marks. And even though they didn't disqualify all Logutenkova's scores, Ukrainian federation still actually blackmailed FEI saying that they would sue them unless they apologize publicly for saying that Ukrainian judges did nationalistic judging (their main reasoning was something like: "It's all a conspiracy against a nation that is in war" :lol::facepalm:). Thankfully FEI at least didn't make any public apologies...

Thanks, that's a bit more clear explanation :p 

I can understand the Polish anger now...

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Thanks, that's a bit more clear explanation :p 

I can understand the Polish anger now...

To be honest I am supporting her since London, and She with Rubicon make a huge progress. I am reply this thread and each time I want to see that she is in Rio. She has a fair play award, because she has a possibility to sold Martini (she was with him in London), but she didn't.  This Ukainian magical results was very sad for polish dressage

Edited by Adriano

@dcro I have a question for you as an expert. In eventing the team result is:
A: Three best athletes out of five overall?
B: Three best results from dressage, three from cross and three from jumping separately (which means that it may take results from all athletes in the team)?

9 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

@dcro I have a question for you as an expert. In eventing the team result is:
A: Three best athletes out of five overall?
B: Three best results from dressage, three from cross and three from jumping separately (which means that it may take results from all athletes in the team)?

It's A option, best three out of four overall (team sizes have been reduced from 5 to 4 for this Olympics).

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Who are your faves for medals? Dark horses? For all three disciplines. 

Now that we have entry list.

Team dressage - Germany favourite for gold, followed by Great Britain. Bronze probably between Netherlands, USA and Sweden, with Dutch being the favourites.

Individual dressage - probably between Charlotte Dujardin and the Germans, outside chances mainly for the Dutch, Ferrer-Salat (ESP), Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE) and the Americans

Team eventing - Germany should be in front. Other teams to look out for are New Zealand, Great Britain, Australia, USA and France. Dark horses could be Ireland and Netherlands (Dutch are bronze medalist from 2014 WEG but their chances are not looking too good when either Alice Naber's or Theo van de Vendel's score will have to count :p, they really do miss Elaine Pen..).

Individual eventing - Michael Jung (GER) they say, although he is not that unbeatable this year apparently. Others are Auffarth (GER), Klimke (GER), Fox-Pitt (GBR), Tattersall (GBR), New Zealand's Mark Todd and Jonelle Price, USA's Clark Montgomery, Australia's Shane Rose (and Chris Burton), Sweden's Ludwig Svennersatl (who defeated Jung last month), colonel Vallette from France... A lot could depend on the cross-country course.

Team jumping - I see Netherlands, France, USA and Germany, followed by Great Britain and Switzerland. Sweden and Canada could be dark horses. Ukraine and Brazil also, their quality is a bit "unknown"

Individual jumping - this is just way to open :p, basically every big team has couple of good candidates. But let's mention Steve Guerdat, the defending champion, who is a bit of an expert for the big stage events and also McLain Ward from the USA, who is having a great year with new horse Azur...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Some stats. Overall there will be 124 male athletes and 76 female athletes. Jumping is least balanced.

Dressage - 20 M, 40 W

Eventing - 41 M, 24 W

Jumping - 63 M, 12 W

And here are some detailed stats for dressage. http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=37353

Australia is the only one with all-female dressage team. Julie Brougham (NZL) oldest at 62, Giovanna Pass (BRA) youngest at 18. Two horses are older than Giovanna (Parzival and Chablis). :d Two nine-year old horses are the youngest (Dante Weltino and Cosmo).

Overview by horse breed:

:NED Dutch Warmblood (KWPN) - 19 horses

:GER Oldenburg, :GER Hanoverian - 9 horses

:DEN Danish Warmblood, :POR Lusitano - 5 horses

:GER Westfalen - 3 horses

:GER German Sport Horse, :SWE Swedish Warmblood - 2 horses

:BEL Belgian Warmblood, :FIN Finnish Warmblood, :HUN Hungarian Sport Horse, :GER Rhinelander, :GER Trakehner, :ESP Pura Raza Espanyola - 1 horse each

#banbestmen