website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

38 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Perhaps, but following the IOC's Qualification System Principles:

"In the case of divergence between the French and English texts of these Qualification System Principles and the various qualification systems approved by the IOC, the English text shall prevail."

So even if it is translated from French, the English version is the official document.

:KOR  :ISR  quotas ?

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Actually, there’s still a chance for Ukraine to secure a duet quota. As it turns out, myself, Jur, and Robertino all got the reallocation procedure wrong.

Duet quotas from Continental Championships don’t actually go to the third ranked NOC, but rather the next highest ranked NOC at Doha 2024. Therefore, Israel and South Korea grab the Olympic quotas rather than Brazil and Kazakstan. Ukraine is next up in the list if South Africa declines their duet quota.  

I wonder if this is why the Greek federation announced from yesterday that our duet qualified? Yet here I was calling them stupid, thinking they didn't know the rules and were celebrating prematurely :lol:

I read the document. They reallocated all the vacant continental places (Americas, Asia and Africa) to the worlds competition. WA probably thought that was not "FEASIBLE" to realocate the places on the continental competition and they did this. 

Awful!!!!

PAINT 1.png

Edited by regys_silva

I have to be honest - I am happy with our license. But I still cannot believe it.

Qualification documents are written in some very strange way. I did not see at all how could we got the license before the announcement fron FINA.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:53 PM, Pasolini said:

Apparently, FINA was interpreting the rule in a way to give Korea and Israel the quota.

But some noise is being made for them to properly read their own document and so it is still uncertain.

https://www.worldaquatics.com/news/3891106/artistic-swimming-at-the-paris-2024-olympics-qualified-noc-quota-positions?fbclid=PAAaYTrq0pwwkVM-f5iHAPNl2tkZXxQs-5R1YB25JRRKOE4BQOoYOL6XIVgBk_aem_Ae-a6cKt9s2spiTjwBP4ERBTLc4uvKevqKdhm47VxXdMoNw3CEqAsm34Rvb0SPXlZ_s