website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yup. 

“The three (3) highest ranked, not yet qualified, duets at the World Aquatic Championships Doha 2024 (QAT) will obtain a quota place for the Olympic Games. In case an NOC has already qualified a duet or team, the quota place will be reallocated to the next highest ranked NOC not yet qualified until the maximum quota of 18 duets is reached.”

Great thank you :thumbup:

But I understand that as if China (for example) would be a top3 it wouldnt get the quota cause they already have a team.

Not as "If a continental qualifier gets a team quota, its reallocated here"

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yup. 

“The three (3) highest ranked, not yet qualified, duets at the World Aquatic Championships Doha 2024 (QAT) will obtain a quota place for the Olympic Games. In case an NOC has already qualified a duet or team, the quota place will be reallocated to the next highest ranked NOC not yet qualified until the maximum quota of 18 duets is reached.”

While I think you are correct, that's not the line that would make you correct. This basically says if a nation is already qualified previously it will go to the next duet.

This line is what gives credence to your claim

"Should the highest ranked eligible duet already be qualified through the team, the next highest ranked duet from the Continental qualifying event will obtain a quota place in this phase only."

This essentially says only the top 2 nations from each continent are eligible for the continental quota

2 hours ago, Josh said:

:CAN with the team quota! :wub::cheer:

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

To be honest, the Italian girls during the interview seemed more excited to be in a Sanremo's clip than to have qualified for Paris. :p

My congratulations to Canada and Italy. It was a fair battle for quota and fair winners.

Our team was not stable enough. Girls did all the best but... you know.

It is very important that our diving team performed well - so the National Federation will get some support, Otherwise entire future of artistic swimming in Ukraine will be in doubt.

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

While I think you are correct, that's not the line that would make you correct. This basically says if a nation is already qualified previously it will go to the next duet.

This line is what gives credence to your claim

"Should the highest ranked eligible duet already be qualified through the team, the next highest ranked duet from the Continental qualifying event will obtain a quota place in this phase only."

This essentially says only the top 2 nations from each continent are eligible for the continental quota

Basically that is what our Brazilian journalist in location reported. 

But I still think it is not written properly. It doesn't say explicity that only gold/silver could get the quota and Brazil/Kaz should fight for their quotas.

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Team Olympic Qualification After 3/3 Events:

:USA 815.0654

:ESP 802.6520

:JPN 797.8430

:ITA 756.5996

:CAN 738.8897

:ISR 685.5122

:UKR 683.4363

Quotas: :ITA:CAN:USA:ESP:JPN

2024 Worlds Duet Quotas: :NED:GBR:GRE | :KOR:ISR (United States and Japan’s Continental Quotas are reallocated through Worlds not Continental Championships. South Korea and Israel were the next two highest ranked unqualified nations)

@Makedonas @maestro Congrats! :yes

If :RSA declines their duet quota (hopefully), :UKR would be next up for a ticket to Paris. 

it's update ? :KOR  :ISR  quotas ?

Edited by Benolympique

1 hour ago, Pasolini said:

Basically that is what our Brazilian journalist in location reported. 

But I still think it is not written properly. It doesn't say explicity that only gold/silver could get the quota and Brazil/Kaz should fight for their quotas.

The whole document is poorly written as are other qualification documents.

Over the past Olympics I've come to learn that sometimes things are written a certain way, but the sport federation actually meant something else.

It's like whoever makes these has no experience in writing contracts.

With that said, if any sport federations are listening I would love to help create qualification documents. :d 

World Aquatics seems to be particularly bad at wording qualification documents. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Keep in mind a lot these are presumably written in French first and then translated. So the meaning may be lost through translation

Perhaps, but following the IOC's Qualification System Principles:

"In the case of divergence between the French and English texts of these Qualification System Principles and the various qualification systems approved by the IOC, the English text shall prevail."

So even if it is translated from French, the English version is the official document.