website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, hckosice said:

Well, this doesn´t really answered my question, the only thing I see is that you looks to not be very satisfied with your school system. :d

well, the truth is that each country certainly has its pros and cons, our system also has many shortcomings. I have to admit that I never liked our schools system I always found it too strict. although in the other hand I also must admit that the main reason was grammar. it was a torture for me. it may not seem like that, but our grammar really is one of the most difficult in the world.

When I open a random web page in Slovak it's all just a mystery to me, so I believe it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Schools and universities start in Iran, exactly in the first day of Fall, (somewhere around 20 September) I think First grade students have to go one day earlier.

I remember I had to wear uniform for at least a year. (or maybe 2 ? ) but I think it depends on the school. no fixed rule about it. the last time I had to pick up my nephew from the school he was wearing uniform and he was 13. so  I guess I was lucky with my schools.

I remember when I asked my mom why I have to wear this, her answer was something like "they want kids from poor families don't feel sad and jealous about other kids wearing fancy clothes everyday" I don't know if she made up that or that was the school's official explanation :d

and no, no flower for the teachers, only gift and present for the "teacher's day" that's somewhere in April or May. (we use a totally different calendar, I always have to convert dates, not that easy :d)

15 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, this doesn´t really answered my question, the only thing I see is that you looks to not be very satisfied with your school system. :d

well, the truth is that each country certainly has its pros and cons, our system also has many shortcomings. I have to admit that I never liked our schools system I always found it too strict. although in the other hand I also must admit that the main reason was grammar. it was a torture for me. it may not seem like that, but our grammar really is one of the most difficult in the world.

Yeah I learned English grammar...so anything is possible if I put my mind to it :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

When I open a random web page in Slovak it's all just a mystery to me, so I believe it. 

@Vojthas likes to drop a fully Polish email every once in a while in the company email. You haven’t lived until you wake up to unbridled Polish at dawn.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

yeah, just imagine this nightmare of every young boy and girl in this country :lol:

+ The Slovak language distinguishes six cases and we express more gramatical meanings in one word by adding special element. and to make the things even less easier In Slovak language we conjugate verbs and decline nouns.

+ Ending of the noun, adjective, pronoun and numeral depends on the case that we use. To know what are the endings of nouns for each case there is following review of noun forms.
Nouns are divided according to the gender and each gender has four noun types. Masculine nouns have the subcategory – animate and inanimate

+ Apart tense there is a category of aspect. Most of the verbs exist in couples – perfective and imperfective. Perfective is used for completed actions – in the past it is completed action, in present form verbs have future meaning. Imperfective is used for present actions, incompleted and continuous actions.

just a small example .

Slovakia - in Slovak is Slovensko

now:

from Slovakia, of Slovakia - zo slovenska, od slovenska

from Slovakian  - zo slovenskej

for Slovakian  - pre slovenských

to Slovakia, in Slovakia - Na slovensku

with Slovakia - so slovenskom

Slovak man - slovak

Slovak woman - slovenka

Slovak (noun masculine) - slovenský

Slovak (noun feminine) - slovenská

Slovak (noun neutral) - slovenské

Slovaks (noun masculine) - slovenskí

etc...

Just now, MHSN said:

Schools and universities start in Iran, exactly in the first day of Fall, (somewhere around 20 September) I think First grade students have to go one day earlier.

I remember I had to wear uniform for at least a year. (or maybe 2 ? ) but I think it depends on the school. no fixed rule about it. the last time I had to pick up my nephew from the school he was wearing uniform and he was 13. so  I guess I was lucky with my schools.

I remember when I asked my mom why I have to wear this, her answer was something like "they want kids from poor families don't feel sad and jealous about other kids wearing fancy clothes everyday" I don't know if she made up that or that was the school's official explanation :d

and no, no flower for the teachers, only gift and present for the "teacher's day" that's somewhere in April or May. (we use a totally different calendar, I always have to convert dates, not that easy :d)

Yeah my schools gave some similar reason for the uniforms. My high school’s official reason as well of 2018 was that it was for our protection. In the event of a school shooting the staff would tell the police that anyone out of uniform is mostly likely the shooter. The 20-30 kids out of uniform everyday were probably happy that didn’t happen :p

We also celebrate “Teachers Appreciation Day” by giving teachers gifts and not being a-holds for a day. Hilariously, we also have “Student Appreciation Day” where teachers generally give students various goodies and maybe even a homework pass.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@Vojthas likes to drop a fully Polish email every once in a while in the company email. You haven’t lived until you wake up to unbridled Polish at dawn.

Kurwa!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, MHSN said:

Ah yes, this is also the "reason" if you ask this in Indonesia.

Even in private owned schools they still use uniforms, with some even use the exact same design as the state-owned ones. Certain Christian schools even have their official vest since students are not allowed to wear jackets/sweaters/hoodies. Some schools even have official shoes (including my school but later abolished), I don't know whether it happens in other countries or not..

Just now, hckosice said:

yeah, just imagine this nightmare of every young boy and girl in this country :lol:

+ The Slovak language distinguishes six cases and we express more gramatical meanings in one word by adding special element. and to make the things even less easier In Slovak language we conjugate verbs and decline nouns.

+ Ending of the noun, adjective, pronoun and numeral depends on the case that we use. To know what are the endings of nouns for each case there is following review of noun forms.
Nouns are divided according to the gender and each gender has four noun types. Masculine nouns have the subcategory – animate and inanimate

+ Apart tense there is a category of aspect. Most of the verbs exist in couples – perfective and imperfective. Perfective is used for completed actions – in the past it is completed action, in present form verbs have future meaning. Imperfective is used for present actions, incompleted and continuous actions.

just a small example .

now:

Slovak man - slovak

Slovak woman - slovenka

Slovak (noun neutral) - slovenské

Slovaks (noun masculine) - slovenskí

etc...

Do you have situations where what you say depends not on who you're saying it to or about, but what your gender is? :d 

Just now, hckosice said:

just a small example .

now:

Slovak man - slovak

Slovak woman - slovenka