website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:PHI would still keep the gold medal (I believe) if his AAF is upheld @Tigercub @PHI2019

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Definitely one of the longer AAF lists I’ve seen at a multi-sport games this cycle. Link: https://ita.sport/sanction/asian-games-hangzhou/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely one of the longer AAF lists I’ve seen at a multi-sport games this cycle. Link: https://ita.sport/sanction/asian-games-hangzhou/

Two Filipino athletes testing positive at a multi-sport event. Never thought I’d see the day :(

While we are waiting for the pdf for the full results for each sport. I compiled the Asian Games medal table for the 2024 Olympic events that were contended for this competition. Here is the full medal table: 

2022 Asian Games Medal Table for 2024 Olympic Events

1.       China

2.       Japan

3.       South    Korea

4.       Uzbekistan

5.       India

6.       Bahrain

7.      Chinese Taipei

8.       Iran

9.       Hong Kong

10.   North Korea

11.   Qatar

12.   Kazakhstan

13.   Saudi Arabia

14.   Kyrgyzstan

15.   Mongolia

16.   Singapore

17.   Indonesia

18.   Thailand

19.   Kuwait

20.   Malaysia

21.   Philippines

22.   Tajikistan

23.   UAE

24.   Vietnam

25.   Sri Lanka

26.   Jordan

27.   Oman

28.  Turkmenistan

29.   Iraq

30.   Afghanistan

30.   Lebanon

30     Pakistan

30     Syria

Total

Here are some of the notes that I have regarding the Olympic event medal table:

• 318 out of the 329 events hosted in Paris 2024 is competed in Huangzhou. 
  • The total gold medal count is 319 due to a two gold medals given in the men's 110 meters Hurdles as Kuwait and Japan both win gold for crossing the finish line at the same time. 
  • South Korea's gold medals in Olympic events has been gradually decreasing since 2010. 
  • Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan have essentially swapped places in the medal table hierarchy. In past editions, it was Kazakhstan that usaully sits in the top 4, while Uzbekistan won an average of around 4-8 Olympic events in in previous Asian Games. Now, the tables have been turned as Uzbekistan have reap the benefits of their improvement in a number of sports, especially in Judo, Rowing, Cycling, Taekwondo, Fencing, etc, while maintaining supremacy in Boxing. Conversely, Kazakhstan have their worst ever performance at an Asian Games since their first participation in 1994.
  •  Another country that is noted for improvement is Hong Kong. I believe that this is the most gold medals that they won in an Asian Games. Having Siobahn Haughey helps, but there are also other sports that they shown to be at an elite level, especially in Fencing, Sailing, Rugby and Rowing. Winning 4th place in men's football doesn't look bad for them as well.
  • India's improvement has to be noted as well. India's pet sports such as Track and Field and Shooting carried them to their best performance in an Asian Games outside of their country. Even that, they could have done even better if their Boxing and Wrestling teams deliver at Huangzhou. 
  • While Southeast Asian countries have shown improvement in Olympic sports, it must be said that their overall performance is still a bit underwheling considering that none of them won more than three Olympic events at Huangzhou, which does not bode well for any of these country's chances to do well in Paris.   
  • While China is the undisputed number one country in Asia, I and I'm sure a number of people here don't believe that the gap between China and Japan is as big as the 144-44 gold medal count indicates. A full squad of A-tier athletes for Japan would have won a range of 70-80 events, while China's true ability should be around 120-135 gold medals in Olympic events. 
  • With that being said, while Japan send B-tier athletes in a number of sports such as Track and Field, Judo, Gymnastics, Skateboarding, Volleyball and Tennis, their A-tier athletes did underachieve in Swimming, Shooting, Table Tennis, Canoeing and Rowing. 
  • I will likely write up a blurb for the 2024 prospects of some of the countries that competed in Huangzhou in a couple of days. 

4 hours ago, dcmdtruefan said:
  • 318 out of the 329 events hosted in Paris 2024 is competed in Huangzhou. 
  •  

Which are the 11 Olympic events not competed in Huangzhou? IIRC, there was some difference in Weightlifting. What else? 

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:PHI would still keep the gold medal (I believe) if his AAF is upheld @Tigercub @PHI2019

oh well, this guy single handedly eliminated our team in the QF :facepalm: Iran finished 5th with just 1 defeat which was by just 1 point in a game this guy scored 36pts (including the last and winning basket) that's totally unfair :thumbdown:

I think our basketball team deserved a medal after all. a wooden one at least :d

7 hours ago, Dolby said:

Which are the 11 Olympic events not competed in Huangzhou? IIRC, there was some difference in Weightlifting. What else? 

I can tell you 9 of them, no idea about the other 2 (sailing maybe ? I'm not familiar with that sport at all)

2 Kayak Cross events

Group all-round Gymnastics rhythmic 

2 surfing events

maybe with 4 different weightlifting classes 

Edited by MHSN

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

I can tell you 9 of them, no idea about the other 2 (sailing maybe ? I'm not familiar with that sport at all)

2 Kayak Cross events

Group all-round Gymnastics rhythmic 

2 surfing events

maybe with 4 different weightlifting classes 

and bmx freestyle. not sure about bmx racing.