website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 23 European Championships 2023

Totallympics

16 hours ago, phelps said:

and with another flop (Benati...he was running 46 secs dead as a under-18, he's still there...he hasn't improved in all of his junior and post-junior years :facepalm:) I'm done with this thing...

back on Sunday for Larissa, the rest isn't worth the waste of time :pope:

In this competition, the runners had to run 2 races of 400 meters in the same day, which is extremely difficult, it's no wonder that most of them wanted to conserve their energy and run using as little energy as possible. Benati ran 45.51 this year, which for a 21-year-old runner is very good. 400 meters is an extremely difficult race, in which one cannot always run record after record.

19 hours ago, justony said:

He still should easily take gold, Sotero being only true contender.

Meanwhile, first dissapointment for our team, Čurin Prapotnik after astonishing breakthrough season has not managed to qualify even for 100 m semis.

Very weird take ...

1) "He still should EASILY take gold" + "Sotero being only true CONTENDER" ...?

2) How can you call Sotero a contender but not Richter? (Personally i think that neither of them is a contender for gold)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Team Poland with Lithuanian flare - Andrukonis representing in women's Javelin.... although not doing great.

Very poor starts for Lithuanians this morning overall. Hope to see Keršulis redeeming the team with good time in 400m final

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Nice jinx from the commentators :lol: our sole medal hope gone just like that by crashing at the 8th hurdle while being clearly in the lead...

...so yeah, Back to nothing as usual :p

Hockey season starts soon :cheer:

I saw it live, she seemed emotionally crushed after the race :(

34 minutes ago, Styrka said:

I saw it live, she seemed emotionally crushed after the race :(

Well, she arrived with high expectations here, probably her once in a lifetime chance to medal at "major" championship (and completely justified, after what I saw from here the whole season to today), so her tears were understandable

but it is how it is, high level sport is also a matter of mental readiness and the ability to handle even the greatest pressure from the general public. This is another thing I noticed many times being the cause of failure of most of our athletes.

In other hand she is still young and talented, I do believe this sorrowful experience can and will only help her in the future. I can bet my house she will never crash like that 2 hurdles from the line in the all rest of her life now :p

Edited by hckošice