website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

bunch of kids from the Philippines almost beat the great Serbia. wow :yikes:

I don't know which alphabet I should use to explain this Philippines team. but I think none of these guys are playing in PBA . most of them are amateurs and yet Serbia had a very hard time against them. I was expecting a +40/50 win.

1 minute ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Nice game, lets see what gonna happen on the weekend. 

Brazil loves to surprise us in both ways, its not impossible to lost to México on saturday. :p

Brazil resembled a bit the great team of 80s with Oscar Schmidt !!

38 minutes ago, MHSN said:

bunch of kids from the Philippines almost beat the great Serbia. wow :yikes:

I don't know which alphabet I should use to explain this Philippines team. but I think none of these guys are playing in PBA . most of them are amateurs and yet Serbia had a very hard time against them. I was expecting a +40/50 win.

Bjelica, Kalinic and Mijic didnt play at all

9 minutes ago, George_D said:

Bjelica, Kalinic and Micic didnt play at all

I guess I know these guys :p still that was against Philippines Z team. they were bunch of amateurs. a random club from Belgrade should beat those kids by double digit. I only watched the last 5 minutes, I don't know if Serbia had a bad day or those kids under Tab Baldwin had a great day (most probably both) but still that was the biggest surprise of the competition so far.

btw things are very random with the Philippines basketball. one day they can bring Croatia to the overtime and the next day they can lose to Qatar. but I really didn't think having a close match against Serbia with this squad (of amateurs) is an option for them :d

20 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Why is Phillipines playing with this z squad?

someone from the Philippines could answer this better. but they just have a weird idea of how to assemble a national team.

they have a pro league called PBA. sometimes they don't release their pro players for the national team. (and their pro players, their A team lost by 60 to Serbia at the 2019 World Cup :wacko:) back in 2011 they hired a Serbian coach Rajko Toroman and gave him a bunch of kids (same as the current team) and after some years that team was supposed to make them qualify for the 2012 Olympics. (that team did OK but finished 4th in Asia)

they heard something about other countries having their NT players together for a long time. so they think they really have to "keep them together" for a long time. :p I'm not really sure about the current team but I assume they also train and play together like a club.

I believe they are preparing these kids for the 2023 World Cup which they are going to host. at least that's their project.

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

someone from the Philippines could answer this better. but they just have a weird idea of how to assemble a national team.

they have a pro league called PBA. sometimes they don't release their pro players for the national team. (and their pro players, their A team lost by 60 to Serbia at the 2019 World Cup :wacko:) back in 2011 they hired a Serbian coach Rajko Toroman and gave him a bunch of kids (same as the current team) and after some years that team was supposed to make them qualify for the 2012 Olympics. (that team did OK but finished 4th in Asia)

they heard something about other countries having their NT players together for a long time. so they think they really have to "keep them together" for a long time. :p I'm not really sure about the current team but I assume they also train and play together like a club.

I believe they are preparing these kids for the 2023 World Cup which they are going to host. at least that's their project.

which teams you see in medals at Tokyo? except USA ofc