website statistics

Women's Football UEFA European Nations League 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

My point is that, in the context of possible Olympic qualification, it could be in the interest of either Scottish or English players to achieve a certain result in the matches between those two countries to keep their chances of participation in TeamGB in Paris alive. I see they meet at the last match day, with potentially everything still to play for. 

I hope and expect nothing untoward happens, but there is the potential for serious questions.

8 hours ago, Noorderling29 said:

My point is that, in the context of possible Olympic qualification, it could be in the interest of either Scottish or English players to achieve a certain result in the matches between those two countries to keep their chances of participation in TeamGB in Paris alive. I see they meet at the last match day, with potentially everything still to play for. 

I hope and expect nothing untoward happens, but there is the potential for serious questions.

The chances of Scotland's women sandbagging to keep hope of an Olympic spot in what would be more or less an England team alive is so small as to be subatomic

On 9/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, Swewi said:

Such circus in the spanish football team. No one still knows if someone will actually play on friday against Sweden in the Nations league premiere, also working as olympic qualification.

And there was a game finally that ended 3-2 to Spain after a penalty goal in the very last second 

Edited by Swewi

Nations League A

Group 1

Belgium-Netherlands 2-1

England-Scotland 2-1

Group 2

Norway-Austria 1-1

France-Portugal 2-0

Group 3

Denmark-Germany 2-0

Iceland-Wales 1-0

Group 4

Sweden-Spain 2-3

Switzerland-Italy 0-1

Nations League B

Group 1

Albania-Hungary 1-1

Ireland-Northern Ireland x-x

Group 2

Finland-Slovakia 4-0

Croatia-Romania 2-1

Group 3

Ukraine-Serbia 1-2

Greece-Poland 1-3

Group 4

Slovenia-Czech Republic 0-2

Belarus-Bosnia Herzegovina 1-2

Nations League C

Group 1

Latvia-Malta 0-1

Moldova-Andorra 1-2

Group 2

Lithuania-Luxembourg 0-2

Georgia-Turkey 0-3

Group 3

Azerbaijan-Cyprus 1-1

Faroe Island-Montenegro 0-1

Group 4

Estonia-Kazakhstan 0-0

Group 5

North Macedonia-Bulgaria 0-1

16 hours ago, Adriano said:

I though you will have points from this match 😢

My fault to jinx it. I wrote with maybe 30 seconds more to play in my comment here that the game ended 2-2. Had to Edit immediately. Such a way to probably miss olympics.:facepalm:

Clutch win against England in a match that really could have gone either way. Lucky that a clear offside goal was ruled onside. Really weird that VAR is absent at the Q for the biggest women's tournament.

Happy that Spain is doing well, Spain and Netherlands could still well both qualify, although Spain and England are still the favourites for the quota to me. Don't see any other country than France winning Group B and while Group C is open, Germany doesn't seem very solid and I don't think Denmark can upset against the top nations either.

Edited by AsensioWillemsen