website statistics

Tennis US Open 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Dunadan said:

Poor Andreas Seppi...a top 20 once, this is his 15th years in a row in top 100, and people never heard of a player from South Tyrol. 

I had no idea he was from there indeed :yikes: I guess his name sounds too Italian for me to recognize that - unlike of course Jannik Sinner which I thought for a while was a German - and I generally don't really search where people are from :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I had no idea he was from there indeed :yikes: I guess his name sounds too Italian for me to recognize that - unlike of course Jannik Sinner which I thought for a while was a German - and I generally don't really search where people are from :p 

If you only judge by a name, you wouldn't guess around 50% where certain athletes come from :d 

Anyway, Italian tennis federation, as flawed as it can be, really is one of the strongest around there. There is a challenger level tournament almost every week in Italy! Which is a very helpful, plenty of young players get opportunity to play a professional tournament and often against decent opponents. And good thing is - even there are bunch of challengers in China/Japan/Korea - the level at the tournaments in Italy is much higher. Geography :d 

Just checked - this year, around 20 challenger tournaments in Italy alone :) 

Edited by Wanderer

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

What is he? A failed skier? Sud-Tirol & tennis don't add up much :p

So the last standing quartet in the women tournament are Serena and three players who never reached a GS semi-final before this summer :mumble:

He was really a skier until he had 13 years old :p After he decided to switch to tennis

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

If you only judge by a name, you wouldn't guess around 50% where certain athletes come from :d 

That's surprisingly untrue I've noticed :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I had no idea he was from there indeed :yikes: I guess his name sounds too Italian for me to recognize that

I thought you were a real fan of South Tyrolean sports.:facepalm::p Federica Sanfilippo, Nicol Delago, Emanuele Buzzi, Riccardo Tonetti, Omar Visintin, Edwin Coratti, Samuel Costa, Tania Cagnotto, Simone Giannelli...just so you know a few more athletes to support even if they don't have German sounding names.

Just now, Dunadan said:

I thought you were a real fan of South Tyrolean sports.:facepalm::p Federica Sanfilippo, Nicol Delago, Emanuele Buzzi, Riccardo Tonetti, Omar Visintin, Edwin Coratti, Samuel Costa, Tania Cagnotto, Simone Giannelli...just so you know a few more athletes to support even if they don't have German sounding names.

Well I'll be damned :d