website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

We will take a train from Katowice.

Now we are looking for a płace to stay at airbnb.

we would like to go for full 9 days

that would be my 4th time in Budapest. But first time since Imre Nagy monument has been sadly moved away from that square close to the parliament…

anyway, i love this city and we have plans for these few days when there are no morning sessions at the stadium

For now I am only planning to attend on Aug 20 as I don't live in Budapest currently, so I only bought tickets to those two sessions. I might change my mind later, but I didn't want to buy tickets to other sessions in advance. I am guessing that there will be tickets available anyway even during the summer if I change my mind.

Well, @rafalgorka, the truth is that I am not that much of a drinks and foods person, in a sense that I never searched for the best places when I lived in Budapest as a uni student. But I did visit all the movie theaters there because that's where my priorities lie. :d

Anyway, you should visit Kopaszi gát, it's literally next to the athletics stadium on the other side of the Danube: Google Maps

It's a really nice place to take a walk. You should also be able to take picture of the stadium and the Danube there.

Edited by Vektor

@Vektor thanks, i will go there to see this place.

when asking about best foods&drinks in town i obviously didn’t think about fancy restaurants, michelin stars etc. 😉

i thought about nice places where locals go… hungarian cuisine is definitely one of my favourites!

32 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

@Vektor thanks, i will go there to see this place.

when asking about best foods&drinks in town i obviously didn’t think about fancy restaurants, michelin stars etc. 😉

i thought about nice places where locals go… hungarian cuisine is definitely one of my favourites!

Well, I usually had homemade Hungarian food because it's cheaper that way. :d

For tourists the most obvious answer is the Central Market Hall:

It's very close to the stadium, only 15 minutes from there with Tram 2 . Google Maps

52 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

https://tickets.wabudapest23.com

what tickets would you choose from the available ones? The most expensive ones at the start line or some other in a different part of the stadium?

Well, I have never been to an athletics stadium of this size to watch athletics, so I just went with a higher seat to see everything. I imagine that for the morning sessions it won't matter anyway as the stadium won't be full, so you should be able to go to wherever you want, depending on what kind of event is happening. 

Maybe other users are more experienced with this stuff. Athletics is unique because the action is happening all over the place in the entire stadium and it's a quite large space. Maybe @Adriano knows more about this. :d