website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Hungary's taking it seriously,not surprised

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks more like a 50-60K stadium than a 36K one !

Anyway, that's the first permanent athletics stadium (10k+ seats ) buit in Europe in a very long time. I would say since Charléty Stadium in Paris (1994) but I'm waiting to be corrected.

Edited by De_Gambassi

27 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It looks more like a 50-60K stadium than a 36K one !

Anyway, that's the first permanent athletics stadium (10k+ seats ) buit in Europe in a very long time. I would say since Charléty Stadium in Paris (1994) but I'm waiting to be corrected.

Well, it will be a 15k stadium after the WCh, the white seats in the upper level will be gone and that level will be turned into a 800m running course and shops. They will probably be able to expand it again if we ever have a similarly big event. 15.000 seats will be plenty enough for most athletics events here, Hungarians don't show up in huge numbers for athletics. 

53 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, it will be a 15k stadium after the WCh, the white seats in the upper level will be gone and that level will be turned into a 800m running course and shops. They will probably be able to expand it again if we ever have a similarly big event. 15.000 seats will be plenty enough for most athletics events here, Hungarians don't show up in huge numbers for athletics. 

It's more than enough pretty much anywhere these days tbh.

Is it supposed to turn into an olympic stadium if ever Budapest was to host the OG ?

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Wait, the upper ring will be an actual running course? :yikes:

I don't know how to imagine that but it sounds awesome :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's more than enough pretty much anywhere these days tbh.

Is it supposed to turn into an olympic stadium if ever Budapest was to host the OG ?

I guess, but they would have to find a way to expand it even more. But the chances of Budapest ever hosting a SOG is close to none anyway. 

9 hours ago, Vektor said:

Well, it will be a 15k stadium after the WCh, the white seats in the upper level will be gone and that level will be turned into a 800m running course and shops.  

Ok, explain that in more detail because prima facie it makes no sense.