website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Damn, so close to that medal... Still, this is an unexpected 4th place and quota from Fábián. We might qualify two Hungarians in the end in women's pistol, we still got Major who should win that quota eventually, she was very close to the final today. 

I see that Tužinský is this cycle really trying very hard to do everything possible and impossible to miss the Olympics :rolleyes:

Podiums and medals Every non-qualifying race, among dead lasts every qualifying race. No idea what´s the problem with this guy, definitely not the nervousness, he already have enough experiences (Olympics as well) behind his belt for that ... I can already picture how he will at the end even lose the eventual direct place through the ranking (he was even leading it few weeks ago) given the tendency...

anyway...

women's Individual 10m Air Pistol

Gold: :CHN Jiang Ranxin

Silver: :GRE Anna Korakaki

Bronze: :CHN Li Xue

Olympic Quota Places (to the NOCs, NOT to the shooters): :CHN:HUN:VIE:KOR

Full Results

https://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/venue/csevent.ashx?cseventid=18303

Edited by phelps

Now, I really hope :CZE Tomas Nydrle will earn the quota. World Champion, one time world cup winner, European Games silver medalist and has never been to the Olympic Games. Finished 1st below the line not only once. Btw, in skeet, it was :CZE Radek Prokop for Paris. ..... Tomas deserves qualify for the Olympics so much. But if he does not win the quota, I guess Jakub Tomeček will be sent as he earned the quota and wants to make it to the Olympic final as he finished 7th in Tokyo. Good luck buys. Tomas is on the good path, shooting down all 50 but so as other 9 shooters....

Anyways, very interesting how skeet competition is devided into 3 days. Never seen this.... 

Guys, how about the mixed pair competitions. I know that NOCs that qualify at least one man and one woman for the individual competition get the right to sign up a team for the mixed team competition. But what about events? Are there any events from which NOCs can specifically qualify athletes for only the mixed team competition? I was searching for this and it really seems only NOCs that qualified athletes for individual competitions and plus it at the end of the qualification period, there might come an invitation for an athlete from a country that does not have a quota in a certain event in order to compete possibly in the individual and also mixed team competition, right?

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, how about the mixed pair competitions. I know that NOCs that qualify at least one man and one woman for the individual competition get the right to sign up a team for the mixed team competition. But what about events? Are there any events from which NOCs can specifically qualify athletes for only the mixed team competition? I was searching for this and it really seems only NOCs that qualified athletes for individual competitions and plus it at the end of the qualification period, there might come an invitation for an athlete from a country that does not have a quota in a certain event in order to compete possibly in the individual and also mixed team competition, right?

no, unlike in 2020, this time there's no specific qualification event for the team competitions

it's simply a matter of qualifying at least 1 man and 1 woman individually

mixed Team 10m Air Rifle

Gold: :CHN China 1 (Huang Yuting & Sheng Lihao)

Silver: :IRI Iran 1 (Shermineh Chehel Amirani & Amir Nekounam)

Bronze: :FRA France 1 (Oceanne Muller & Romain Aufrere)

Full Results

https://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/venue/csevent.ashx?cseventid=18315