website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It looks like @phelpsisn't exactly a fan of Piemonte Calcio :p

actually, I grew up as a big fan of that club (I used to adore Michel Platini first, Roby Baggio then and Alex Del Piero in the end), but when the old classy managers like Boniperti and Umberto Agnelli left, I started to feel disgusted by the arrogance and lack of fair play of people like Moggi & Giraudo to Andrea Agnelli and Paratici

Today I wouldn't call myself an hater, but really, I'm not interested in anything happens around the Italian Serie A anymore

I just support (with not much enthusiasm) the Italian clubs in the international competitions and our National team (at all levels...more the youth teams than the senior one), even if most times they're a pain in the ass to follow :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Ted said:

Which serie A team do you root for, bro?

right now, no team at all

as I wrote above, when I was a kid (and always a bit later) I was a Juventus fan (but football has never been my first sport except for my very early years...when I discovered a few other sports, I started to root for them rather than football)

the only club I root for right now is Olimpia Milano in Basketball (but I still have in my heart the Hockey Club Milano, even if it doesn't exist anymore since a long time ago)

and the I have a sympathy for the Devil...ops...no, I mean...the US sports teams I usually follow (LA Kings in the NHL, LA Dodgers in the MLB, the Oakland Raiders in the NFL and the UCLA Bruins in all the NCAA sports, meanwhile I disowned the LA Lakers in the NBA when LeBron came to town...and actually I'm not following the NBA as much as I follow the European basketball and the other US sports)

22 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yeah, It's just astounding that THAT club is involved... :whistle:

We know that since at least the 90's  :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:ROU Simona Halep was last played in US Open 2022 has been officially banned for four years for the lingering roxadustat case.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/66789732

That was expected by me because the punishment for roxadustat is 4 years. We can say Halep is retired already from tennis.