website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:thumbup:She did it! :GRE:champion:

I am so happy and so proud of her! She has suffered so many heartbreaking losses, she is such a nice person though and worked so hard, I'm really pleased to see this. So many people both inside Greece and outside Greece have said so many terrible, mean things about her for too long, so unjustified, but in the end she got her revenge on all of these miserable jealous people 

• 2 weeks later...

WTA has returned to China since Peng Shuai is ancient history at this stage.

Over in Japan Veronika Kudermetova won the Tokyo 500 and :TUN Ons Jabeur won the Ningbo 250 (that's in China) last week.

The mandatory Beijing 1000 takes place this week and Iga Świątek easily beat Magda Linette 6-1 6-1 in the :POL derby :coffee:

Maria making a big push to the WTA Finals. She was 16th in the race before Guadalajara, then she was 9th after winning.

Now she made the SF in Tokyo and QF (so far) in Beijing. She's still 9th but the gap is only 405 points now. I'm not sure if she can make it though, she probably needs to beat Gauff and make the Beijing SF to have a realistic chance, otherwise she will need to win Zhengzhou and then take a WC to a 250 and make the final, and that's if others ahead of her don't gain any points in the meantime...

On 10/6/2023 at 12:20 PM, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Sakkari is out of YEC. She needed to make that Beijing SF. And I'm unsure she'd be getting 250 WC since Top 10 players can only play two 250 during a season so she'd be over the limit.

That's not true, they changed the rule so they can "enter" (and obviously play) 3, but Maria played two (Linz and Birmingham) and entered Rabat but withdrew. Had she not entered Rabat, since she did not play anyways, she would've still had a chance at a 250 next week (although not anymore since she lost in Zhengzhou).

I still wonder if Muchova will show up in Cancun or not...