website statistics

Qualification to Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Are there any potential re-thinking and get a deal with FIFA or UEFA to play the Euro U-21 under Team GB flag, I am feeling sad to see such great players and talents have no opportunity to participate in olympic games. Only one lucky generation after tenth of years when the game held in London.

5 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

Are there any potential re-thinking and get a deal with FIFA or UEFA to play the Euro U-21 under Team GB flag, I am feeling sad to see such great players and talents have no opportunity to participate in olympic games. Only one lucky generation after tenth of years when the game held in London.

Won't happen for Paris but the strength of the Under 21's performance may, just may, be the catalyst to start conversation between FA and SFA. The SFA are worried that agreeing to Team GB will mean that they will lose their independence and wont be eligible for Euros or World Cup even though I think both UEFA and FIFA have said that would not be the case. 

5 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Won't happen for Paris but the strength of the Under 21's performance may, just may, be the catalyst to start conversation between FA and SFA. The SFA are worried that agreeing to Team GB will mean that they will lose their independence and wont be eligible for Euros or World Cup even though I think both UEFA and FIFA have said that would not be the case. 

Scotland qualifying for the Euros would massively help this.  

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Scotland qualifying for the Euros would massively help this.  

It would also complicate it, if which is the 'qualifier' team becomes contentious. From Scotland's point of view they have essentially lost the Scotland basketball team and the Scottish rugby sevens team already because of the Olympics. I think their football team is safe, but there WOULD be some pressure, to begin with, for the home nations to field only one U21 side, even if they kept separate full national sides. and to Scotland, that's the thin end of the wedge.

That said, in our lifetimes there's every chance there will be a Scottish Olympic Association anyway, given demographics and background polling. In such an event, how long Wales would be willing to play the role of Montenegro or Herzegovina is open to question. Cricket would suggest quite long.

Brilliant performance in U21 Euro after beating the strong side Spain 1/0

was wishing to see those lads in olympics 

but great team and hopefully we would have stronger tam after some players with our national teams

hard luck to Spain

• 3 weeks later...

https://gbgames.sport.blog/2023/08/03/diving-cheng-qualifies-in-rzeszow/

Word on Cheng's performance to qualify for the Diving in June

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

In brotherhood unfold

• 2 weeks later...

https://gbgames.sport.blog/2023/08/16/boxing-orie-davison-eccles-book-tickets-to-paris/

Caught up with some of the European Games, including Delicious Orie, Charley Davison and Rosie Eccles in Boxing.

In brotherhood unfold