website statistics

Qualification to Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

• 4 months later...

I am starting to update the blog (after four months of neglecting it), with previous qualification events. Starting with the Canoe Slalom at Kraków

https://gbgames.sport.blog/2023/12/21/canoe-slalom-westley-gives-gb-first-berth-in-paris/

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

• 2 months later...

I think getting 51 medals - as many medals as Beijing, is the minimum needed to avoid issues about the whole idea of lottery funding coming under scrutiny. And that’s a very tough target.  Anything under 40-45 medals and even successful sports will be getting cut. 

My guess is about 42-47 medals. 

Edited by Orangehair43

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, Orangehair43 said:

I think getting 51 medals - as many medals as Beijing, is the minimum needed to avoid issues about the whole idea of lottery funding coming under scrutiny. And that’s a very tough target.  Anything under 40-45 medals and even successful sports will be getting cut. 

My guess is about 42-47 medals. 

I'd be surprised if we were that low. We've been somewhere between 60-70 at each of the last 3 games and I'd be surprised if we were not somewhere around that again.

Obviously it wouldn't take much to drop into the 50s but dropping down to even 47 would be a substantial drop off from recent occasions.