website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Przed chwilą, De_Gambassi napisał:

Yeah, I've read that too, but I find it amusing that when everyone (from medias, to fans and themselves included) act like they are qualified to Rio, that someone will look at a wikipedia page and say: no, you all are wrong :d

Anyway, the reason why they are "selectable" is because of the "Strenght of Nation" amendement 

The Davis Cup/Fed Cup thing exists only to exclude from the olympics players that refuse international duty, not the ones who are not selected in the first place.

Even if Mahut/Herbert aren't allowed to play due to Davis Cup rule they might get ITF place as Grand Slam champions.

Do someone know the "Torneo dell'Avvenire", an Under 16 important tournament played in Milan ?

I am doing the assistant referee in this tournament and I am liking this experience a lot, if someone wants to ask a question or an information to some players let me know :d

Here are the draws

I have watched at least some minutes of every of these matches (including qualification rounds) and had to take some decisions when players did not agree to some calls (women's matches are much more controversial than men's matches :lol: ) and I have got to know many players and their parents/coaches. Also I bring the balls, I officially homologate results to the tournament's referee and I make the drawing lots before the matches.

I have been impressed in particular by the Argentinian boy Tomas Descarrega, he seems a beast, let's write this name somewhere :d

On 6/6/2016 at 21:23, De_Gambassi said:

Yeah, I've read that too, but I find it amusing that when everyone (from medias, to fans and themselves included) act like they are qualified to Rio, that someone will look at a wikipedia page and say: no, you all are wrong :d

Anyway, the reason why they are "selectable" is because of the "Strenght of Nation" amendement 

The Davis Cup/Fed Cup thing exists only to exclude from the olympics players that refuse international duty, not the ones who are not selected in the first place.

Do you think Caroline Wozniacki will be given a spot as well?

Il y a 9 heures , dareza a déclaré:

why not? She was nominated for fed cup, but she was injured. So, yes :)

Not necessarily, Fed/Davis Cup exemptions can only be given in cases of long term injuries (> six months), which was not the case here.

IMO, as long as she is in good term with her federation (is she ?), the ITF will find a way to let her in Rio. But, it is not a given.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

Not necessarily, Fed/Davis Cup exemptions can only be given in cases of long term injuries (> six months), which was not the case here.

IMO, as long as she is in good term with her federation (is she ?), the ITF will find a way to let her in Rio. But, it is not a given.

When player is nominated for one match that nomination is like he/she played that match. Jelena Jankovic played only one match after 2012 in fed cup (against Spain 2016), but she was nominated in at least 2 matches before that, but because injury she was not able to play in 2015 and in 2016 against Belgium. I know that Caroline was on list for matches in 2016, but she was not able to play. So, she will be in Rio. Only if player refuse to play match that nomination will not count.

Edited by dareza