website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

No surprise there. The current President of El Salvador is nothing but a rich kid more interested in promoting his own Ponzi scheme trough criptocoin as the legal currency, while still asking for foreign donations, whi the biggest idiot in the continent (Lopez Obrador) gladly gives.

Meanwhile no actual program exist to support Salvadorean sports community, other than this self delusion dreams of greatness for him and his family, with hos own brother being the phony running the OC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Centro Caribe Sports confirmed the inclusion of team kyorugui in taekwondo (along with the qualified nations).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Team sport qualifications

Baseball: :CUB:CUW:DOM:ESA:MEX:PUR:VEN + Highest ranked Central Amer. nation at date TBD

Basketball (M): :BAH:CUB:DOM:ESA:MEX:PAN:PUR:ISV

Basketball (W): :CRC:CUB:DOM:ESA:GUA:MEX:PUR +1 TBD

Basketball 3x3 (M): :DMA:DOM:ESA:GUY:HAI:MEX:NCA:PUR:LCA:SUR:TTO:VEN

Basketball 3x3 (W): :COL:CRC:DMA:DOM:ESA:GUA:JAM:MEX:PUR:SUR:TTO:VEN

Hockey (M): :BAR:CUB:DOM:GUY:JAM:MEX:PUR:TTO

Hockey (W): :BAR:BER:CUB:DOM:JAM:MEX:PUR:TTO

Netball: :BAR:ESA:GRN:JAM:VIN:TTO

Water Polo (M): :BAH:CUB:ESA:GUA:MEX:PUR:TTO:VEN

Water Polo (W): :CUB:ESA:MEX:PUR:TTO +1 TBD

• 1 month later...

Interestingly, nine NOCs will participate in each football tournament. 

Women:

Group A - :CRC:HAI:GUA:VEN

Group B - :JAM:MEX:PUR:ESA:COL

Men:

Group A - :MEX:ESA:DOM:VEN

Group B - :HON:CRC:GUA:JAM:COL

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Results system available here: https://results-sansalvador2023.com/#/schedule/disciplines

It looks like information is gradually being added now

Edited by Olympian1010

16 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Looking at some of the entries I'm puzzled. For ex. In table tennis Honduras has entered their Lima 2019 competitor but they didn't even try to qualify for Santiago. I guess they felt not worth the expense?

:HAI with a full team as well, but no one at the qualifier (at least in the individual rounds). 

This whole qualification cycle for the Pan American Games has felt a little “empty” or “off” though. US missing random events, NOCs not funding team sports, etc. I think countries are still working through the consequences of the pandemic and other disruptions on their funding.

I believe this is where you can watch the Games if you’re from outside Pan American, but I’m not totally sure: https://centrocaribesports.org/elementor-8280/

Claro has the rights in most of Central America. I think Panam Sports Channel might be showing the event in South America. It was very unclear where you can watch the Games if you’re from :CAN:USA