website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Monzanator said:

What strategy? It's 49 km of hanging back in the pack and 1 km sprint. That's all. I'm sorry but you really haven't watched any 50km time trial events in your life?

50km ain't a monster tbh. Have you heard of the Vasaloppet for instance?

Obviously you haven’t watched the Olympic or World Championship 50kms if you think that’s how they go...

Vasaloppet cool too :cool:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's down to money. China can buy every God damn Olympics if they want to and were allowed to. Hell, Doha would host WOG if they could ship snow to the Gulf!

I can't possibly wait how horrible the Olympic downhill course will be in Beijing.

We don’t know that it will be bad yet (but it probably will be)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Obviously you haven’t watched the Olympic or World Championship 50kms if you think that’s how they go...

Vasaloppet cool too :cool:

I've watched every WOG since 1992 so don't question my judgement. Time trials >>> Mass Start. If it wasn't for Johann Olsson nobody would give a damn about making a breakaway.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

We don’t know that it will be bad yet (but it probably will be)

Pyeongchang courses were horrible already. They botched the artificial snow conditions too when it was freezing mad out there. Beijing games will be flat course, plus temps & artificial snow. This will be the worst one yet IMO!

Pyeongchang courses were horrible already. They botched the artificial snow conditions too when it was freezing mad out there. Beijing games will be flat course, plus temps & artificial snow. This will be the worst one yet IMO!

I liked the the Pyeongchang downhill, the only problem was the wind :(