website statistics

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The entry standards are absurd especially in the sprint races. What is WA thinking? They want to get rid of all the minnows from World Championships? Only the rich & famous can compete?

standardy-world-athletics-na-ms-2023-w-b

By this hilarious standards I believe that 60% of athletes will qualify by ranking rather than by standard.

What are those standards :roflmao:

Karstoft, the women's bronze medal winner on the 200m at the European Championships won her medal in a time above that qualifying standard. Same with the men's 100m bronze medal winner Azu.

2023 World Champs timetable: https://assets.aws.worldathletics.org/document/63087dd9c5235363651fbbe3.pdf

100 final on our national holiday (Aug 20). That evening session will also have the men's hammer throw final with a Hungarian medal chance, so the stadium will certainly be full. 

Last globally broadcast big meet of the season is the Boris Hanžeković Memorial from Zagreb on Sunday.  Then after that we are into road racing, marathons & cross-country until late January.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WorldAthletics/videos

• 2 weeks later...

Insane ending at the Talence Decastar heptathlon :yikes: 

Dutch Emma Oosterwegel has 9 points to defend on Austrian Ivona Dadic in the 800m. Dadic attacks in the last lap and gets a gap of 1-2 seconds, which is enough. Oosterwegel pulls absolutely everything out of it though, and closes the gap back to a little under 0,7 seconds.....the result?

Spoiler

22JZINS.png

I do not think I have seen that in the recent past :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!