website statistics

Men's Volleyball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

22 hours ago, LDOG said:

Not really IMO, to put it very simply: any team inside the top 10 of ranking is almost certain to qualify for Paris. I don't see Argentina or Brazil dropping below those places by June next year. 

A pity, I think that the embarrassment of not qualifying for an Olympic Games would be important for men's volleyball in Brazil. Damn FIVB.

• 2 weeks later...

Tunisia, best African team in the World Ranking just lost 3-1 to Cameroon at the African Championships quarterfinal. it will be super weird to finish 5th (best case scenario for TUN) in Africa and still qualify for the Olympics

if Cameroon beats Egypt (to be accurate the winner of EGY/MAR match) they might have a chance to qualify eventually. but this is a weird tournament, Cameroon lost to Libya in the preliminary round :yikes: and host Egypt also lost 3-0 to Algeria. 

Cameroon do not participate at the OQ next month, so this is the end of the road for them. they only can win the next 2 matches (and the African title) and hope for Tunisia and Egypt to lost enough points. right now TUN has 178, Egypt has 149 and 135 for CMR but those points will get updated soon with today result. Cameroon will be something like 15-20 behind tunisia

Edited by MHSN

Men's African Volleyball Championship in Egypt : 

1. Quarterfinals 
  • Egypt 3 - 0 Morocco
  • Algeria 3 - 0 Rwanda 
  • Cameroon 3 - 1 Tunisia
  • Libya 3 - 0 Chad 

Semis on Monday :- 

• Egypt 🆚️ Cameroon 
  • Algeria 🆚️ Libya 

1st 3 teams qualify to WCH in 2025 , Tunisia the last 3 time winner miss qualification to Semis 

Edited by thepharoah

8 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Men's African Volleyball Championship in Egypt : 

1. Quarterfinals 
  • Egypt 3 - 0 Morocco
  • Algeria 3 - 0 Rwanda 
  • Cameroon 3 - 1 Tunisia
  • Libya 3 - 0 Chad 

Semis on Monday :- 

• Egypt 🆚️ Cameroon 
  • Algeria 🆚️ Libya 

1st 3 teams qualify to WCH in 2025 , Tunisia the last 3 time winner miss qualification to Semis 

it means :TUN missed also qualifiation to 2025 world championship, huge disappointment for them. :EGY now has a great chance to top the african ranking if they claim gold in this edition

Edited by El Analyzer

Final of Men's African Volleyball Championship is decided : Egypt 🆚️ Algeria 

Semis : 

• Algeria 3 - 2 Libya 
  • Egypt 3 - 1 Cameroon 

Cameroon and Libya will fight for Bronze and WCH Spot

Edited by thepharoah

Can anyone tell me the situation in African Olympic qualification ranking. I heard that Tunisia is still leading Ranking despite the fact Egypt won gold in Men's African Championship and Tunisia lost in quarters , as long as Egypt lost to Algeria in Group Stage

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Can anyone tell me the situation in African Olympic qualification ranking. I heard that Tunisia is still leading Ranking despite the fact Egypt won gold in Men's African Championship and Tunisia lost in quarters , as long as Egypt lost to Algeria in Group Stage

that's correct ..it's abit complicated equation function of two teams ranking before the game and probability of winning in addition to the results (3/0 has different points compared to 3/1 ..etc)

as an example :EGY lost 13.94 ponts when lost 3/0 against :ALG  in group stage ..while the final when :EGY won 3/1 they gain 2.59 points ...also note that both :EGY and :TUN lost one game (and ranking is based on match by match not based on title winning nor positions) ..saying that :EGY lost to much lower ranking team compared to :TUN which lost against :CMR

if you are looking for OGQ ..then :EGY should :

1- beat :TUN in OQT

2- trying to beat much higher ranked teams for example :TUR or :SRB 

3- don't lose to lower ranked team :FIN 

The Official FIVB men’s Volleyball World Ranking. | volleyballworld.com

Edited by El Analyzer