website statistics

Men's Volleyball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

you're right, but I bet a high prize that the hosts will be Poland, Italy and Brazil...

the only threat to that is Japan stripping Italy's tournament...however, after yesterday's triumph (also in terms of tv ratings), it's unlikely it happens...

I believe Japan is one of the hosts and that OQT event in Japan will be called "World Cup"

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I believe Japan is one of the hosts and that OQT event in Japan will be called "World Cup"

no, because they can't have all the big teams...the tournaments will be built with the serpentine system, that's official...

but sure, Japan is likely to host a tournament if they make an auction like they did for Tokyo 2020...

we'll see...:mumble:

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, because they can't have all the big teams...the tournaments will be built with the serpentine system, that's official...

but sure, Japan is likely to host a tournament if they make an auction like they did for Tokyo 2020...

we'll see...:mumble:

who says they need all the big teams ? it will be called World Cup no matter which 8 teams participate.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 9:09 PM, MHSN said:

100% correct. FIVB just announced that Japan will be one of the hosts for both Women's and Men's OQT, doubled as World Cup.

11 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

100% correct. FIVB just announced that Japan will be one of the hosts for both Women's and Men's OQT, doubled as World Cup.

yeah that was obvious based on this document about the World Ranking, they wrote this "OQTs / World Cup" which means World Cup is the same as an OQT.

https://www.fivb.com/-/media/2020/fivb corporate/volleyball/world ranking/fivb world ranking - how it works.pdf?la=en

we knew it for a very long time that FIVB has no desire to continue World Cup the way it was but apparently they have some kind of contract with Japanese TV channels about this. so this way they will have their own Qualification tournament + satisfying Japanese sponsors.

• 2 months later...