website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

past few days had been stressful, I was checking the news so many times during the day to see the updates on this fucking visa thing. and at the end nothing, no answer, no visa. as simple as that. those bastards simply did what they always do and a shitty organization like WT can't and won't do anything about it. this is the 3rd time in this sport in past 4 years. and this time in the most important tournament. there is only one way to deal with the fucking bully and WT is toooo weak for that. 

feel very very angry, we have this problem whenever US and it's colonies host something, they clearly started a war with our athletes. looks like sanctioning everything (including medicine which hurt lots of people directly) wasn't enough. 

damn, I'm so tired of this, this is too much, fucking criminals

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

past few days had been stressful, I was checking the news so many times during the day to see the updates on this fucking visa thing. and at the end nothing, no answer, no visa. as simple as that. those bastards simply did what they always do and a shitty organization like WT can't and won't do anything about it. this is the 3rd time in this sport in past 4 years. and this time in the most important tournament. there is only one way to deal with the fucking bully and WT is toooo weak for that. 

feel very very angry, we have this problem whenever US and it's colonies host something, they clearly started a war with our athletes. looks like sanctioning everything (including medicine which hurt lots of people directly) wasn't enough. 

damn, I'm so tired of this, this is too much, fucking criminals

Must be very frustrating for your 58kg guy. 
for the others it does not change much at least in respect of olympic quota. 
your W in 57kg is safe unles Taiwan wins it, but she was anyway not registered. your 80kg had a theoretical chance but not really. 

still must be frustrating as the 58kg quota is gone. 

Olympic Ranking Quotas PT 1 (I’m rushing this, so if I’ve made a mistake feel free to let me know)

Women’s -49kg: :THA:TUR:ESP:CRO:MEX

:THA Panipak Wongpattankit

:TUR Merve Dincel

:ESP Adriana Iglesias

:CRO Lena Stojkovic

:MEX Daniela Souza

Women’s -57kg: :CHN:GBR:CAN:TUR:IRI

:CHN Zongshi Luo

:GBR Jade Jones

:CAN Skylar Park
:TUR Hatice Ilgun

:IRI Nahid Kiyanichandeh

Men’s -58kg: :KOR:TUN:ESP:ITA:HUN

:KOR Jun Jang

:TUN Mohamed Jendoubi
:ESP Adrian Vicente

:ITA Vito Dell’Aquila

:HUN Omar Salim

Men’s -68kg: :UZB:GBR:TUR:JOR:ESP

:UZB Ulugbek Rashitov

:GBR Bradly Siden

:TUR Hakan Recber

:JOR Zaid Kareem

:ESP Javier Perez

Men’s -80kg: :USA:ITA:EGY:JOR:KOR

:ITA Simone Alessio

:USA CJ Nickolas

:EGY Seif Eissa

:JOR Saleh Elsharabaty

:KOR Geon-woo Seo

Edited by Josh

34 minutes ago, Josh said:

Olympic Ranking Quotas PT 1 (I’m rushing this, so if I’ve made a mistake feel free to let me know)

Women’s -49kg: :THA:TUR:ESP:CRO:MEX

Women’s -57kg: :CHN:GBR:CAN:TUR:IRI

Men’s -58kg: :KOR:TUN:ESP:ITA:HUN

Men’s -68kg: :UZB:GBR:TUR:JOR:ESP

Men’s -80kg: :USA:ITA:EGY:JOR:ESP

Fifth in Men's -80Kg is KOR, not ESP

Grand Prix Finals (:GBR Manchester)

Day #1 Medallists

men's -58kg

Gold: :ITA Vito Dell'Aquila

Silver: :ESP Adrian Vicente Yunta

Bronze: :ESP Hugo Arillo Vazquez

men's -68kg

Gold: :HUN Mark Levente Jozsa

Silver: :ESP Javier Perez Polo

Bronze: :JOR Zaid Kareem

men's -80kg

Gold: :KOR Seo Geon Woo

Silver: :EGY Seif Eissa

Bronze: :USA Carl J. Nickolas

women's -49kg

Gold: :THA Panipak Wongpattanakit

Silver: :ESP Adriana Cerezo Iglesias

Bronze: :TUR Merve Dincel Kavurat

women's -57kg

Gold: :CHN Luo Zongshi

Silver: :USA Faith Dillon

Bronze: :GBR Aaliyah Powell

Things just got saucy in W+69  with Multiple World Champ Bianka Cook eliminated, with domestic rival  Rebecca McGowan still in, with Jade Jones going out eRly and A Powell medalling, feels like a changing of the guard moment.... Lauren Williams looks to be done, sad loss of form, while Caden Cunninghams early elimination will have to play out. Unlike Williams, CC would get a final shot.

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Things just got saucy in W+69  with Multiple World Champ Bianka Cook eliminated, with domestic rival  Rebecca McGowan still in, with Jade Jones going out eRly and A Powell medalling, feels like a changing of the guard moment.... Lauren Williams looks to be done, sad loss of form, while Caden Cunninghams early elimination will have to play out. Unlike Williams, CC would get a final shot. 

I think Cunningham has already done enough to qualify. All his closest rivals lost early too. Three of the four semi-finalists could overtake him but only if they win and he can afford to drop one spot. Just a cursory look but I think he's okay.

Age is on McGowan's side and the writing has perhaps been on the wall for Cook (Walkden) for the past two years with her rival picking up podium finishes at the 2022 and 2023 World Champs.

Edited by Nickyc707

Guys, last minute question. How many points does the Grand Slam next week offers? In the 80kg, for instance, I see the Iranian is leader with 750, but can a champion take the place?

and just to clarify, since the official document is not very clear, only the ones not qualified through the ranking are eliegible, right? thanks!

On 12/1/2023 at 11:27 PM, MHSN said:

and at the end nothing, no answer, no visa.

have to correct myself. they received the visa last night, Saturday evening. after their competition

by my count H-Mousaei is only 6pts behind the 6th guy from Ireland. so only 10pts of participation would be enough for him to at least be in 6th place position which I believe in this weight might be enough for the quota. if WT was even half decent they had to give at least those 10pts to the Iranians. but of course I know only certain countries can have those kind of privileges.