website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

An interesting development to keep track of heading into Paris.

Arguably the greatest coach of all time, Bob Bowman (Michael Phelps old coach) has shockingly left his head coaching position at ASU to go to Texas 2 days after winning the NCAA title.

He was coaching college swimmers like :FRA Leon Marchand, :HUN Hubert Kos, :CAN Ilya Kharun, :HUN Zalan Sarkany, and also pros like :USA Regan Smith, :USA Chase Kalisz, :USA Ryan Held, :USA Olivia Smoliga, :USA Simone Manuel, :CAN Taylor Ruck, :USA Paige Madden, :USA Drew Kibler and :USA Jay Litherland are also training at ASU.

I believe the sprinters are lead by the assistant/now head coach so they'll probably be fine but it'll be interesting to see what kind of an effect this move will have on the mid-distance and distance swimmers, especially Marchand.

Texas currently has swimmers like :USA Carson Foster, :USA Luke Hobson and :USA Shaine Casas.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

18 minutes ago, dullard said:

Apparently the ASU swimmers didn't know until today and many are pissed. Not a great season for this kind of upheaval.

Thought it was a swimswam April Fool's joke at first. Think my jaw hit the floor when I saw the editor's note saying it wasn't an April Fool's joke.

Very impressive heat swim from Adam Peaty clocking 58.53. Unlike his other races since his return he looked good the whole way. Now let's see if he can repeat it or better in the final ...

Edited by dullard

13 minutes ago, dullard said:

Very impressive heat swim from Adam Peaty clocking 58.53. Unlike his other races since his return he look good the whole way. Now let's see if he can repeat it or better in the final ...

Fastest time in the world this year I think? - although :CHN Qin was sub 58.00 in Berlin last year. 

British Swimming Championships

Day #1

men's 400m Freestyle

1.Kieran Bird, 3.45.63 (missed the OQT by 0.20 secs)
2.Luke Turley, 3.48.93

women's 200m Fly

1.Keanna Macinnes, 2.07.24 (OQT)
2.Laura Stephens, 2.07.37 (OQT)

women's 200m Freestyle

1.Freya Colbert, 1.56.22 (OQT)
2.Abbie Wood, 1.56.62 (OQT)
3.Medi Harris, 1.58.10
4.Lucy Hope, 1.58.81
5.Leah Schlosshan, 1.58.94

men's 100m Breaststroke

1.Adam Peaty, 57.94 (OQT) :bowdown: