website statistics

Road Cycling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

This has been bugging me all night and I think I have finally figured out why there were adjustments made to :GBR and :POL ranking totals and why the UCI needed to make a second release of the rankings. Their previously published data did not include the points from Under 23 races - specifically any U23 Class 2 Stage Events. 

Only 2 races were impacted - the Watersley Womens Challenge and the Tour De L'Avenir Femmes - and both took place in early-mid September. Anna Shackley picked up 27 points in Tour De L'Avenir whilst Dominika Wlodarczyk picked up points in the Watersley Challenge. Other nations impacted by this include Germany and Italy.

Now I might be able to get some sleep without having ranking lists running through my mind. 

15 hours ago, Federer91 said:

It's very strange seeing Spain without a full team.

It's strange seeing not a single team with a full team, considering 4 riders really can't be called a full team :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This Polish website i mentioned before naszosie.pl now admits POL has only 3 quotas in W road race.

Ok... good luck Team GB! Kasia Niewiadoma will win a medal here by 0,0001 sec and your rider will be next, you'll see... heh

Edited by rafalgorka

On 10/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, NearPup said:

Best I can do is a 2x3 mixed team time trial relay.

Mixed time trial/relay in cycling....yeah, never mind :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just took a look at the rankings again. There's a ranking for the 17th and one for the 18th, On the 17th Denmark is 10th while it's Canada on the 18th.

In the latest rankings Denmark is back at 10th.

I guess nothing is certain before we have confirmation from UCI, but it should be the 17th counting, right?