website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted (edited)

Also, looks like the district where I lived is still bustling as usual despite the positive case. I helped my mother at the shop today and most people are just making fun of the virus by greetings like "Hey, how come you are still open?" or "Why are you selling things, just stay at home!".

The only difference is many people wearing masks from all sorts: a piece of cloth, cheap cotton masks, surgical masks, N95s, or even the Pitta mask which actually make yourself look trendier instead of preventing virus.

Edited by Griff88

Posted
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'll be going to work as normal tomorrow morning, I'm excited about actually having a seat in the train :d 

This was me until last Friday, I am happy to be able find a seat in the bus.

We are now on mandatory 2 weeks of 'work from home' (what a bad way to describe holiday)

Posted
9 hours ago, MHSN said:

UK ambassador in Tehran :d

he probably doesn't know we don't use toilet papers, we have another "technology" :lol:

but joking aside, nobody raids supermarkets here, they are still full like other days, I don't know what does that mean, to me that shows how people didn't take it seriously yet. I mean at least some of them.

Well yeah we don't use the backward technology called toilet papers over here :p

Posted

One patient in Indonesia sneaked away from her isolation room :facepalm:

Did not believe she is positive since she is not having fever, and refused to be in a shared room. Dunno how many people she had infected in a day... Fortunately she has been caught

Posted
35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do you guys just say hello nowadays when meeting new people instead of shaking hands? Elbow bumps have been the hype here but that seems so childish and so far I've been able to avoid them :p

For the last 2 days, I shook hands with 13 new people in my place :cool:

1 other guy namaste-d me when I try shook his hand.

Posted

First death in Indonesia, a foreigner woman who is already terribly sick and the virus made her conditions worsen.

However, two positive cases already recovered (tested negative twice) and will be discharged soon. Let's hope the government test them a few times more just to be sure...

Posted

Another 8 cases for us... Currently there are 145 suspects in Jakarta, with 87 being hospitalized.

The data of which district the suspects live is now withheld because there are orders to follow the national government policy to avoid showing any information about places where suspects live/work :facepalm:

Posted
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

My town: a little under 130km2 and 27k people :d 

Let's see where it spreads more.

I think if one of the two people later tested positive, my district alone will jump on the leaderboard beating about 20-30 countries ;)

Posted
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How close is 'my district'? Yesterday one confirmed case appeared in my 27k inhabitants town where without any doubt half the population is going to church on Sunday as per usual, virus or not :d 

I don't know what is the equivalent of what we call 'district' in other countries but the district size is about 4 km2 with 105k people in it

Posted

13 new cases in Indonesia :yikes:

7 people from my district (including a 4 y.o. boy) are suspected and will undergo test and checkups. 2 of them classified as "under intensive observation"

The virus is so near :hairpull:

Posted
57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm a little worried how all different authorities have all different advisories on what works and doesn't work, on face masks working or face masks only working to prevent you from spreading it, etc :p 

Yeah because every country has its own habit..

Like when our Health Minister repeatedly asked healthy people not to buy mask, people complained because in Indonesia most people openly sneeze or cough like mad as if they are not satisfied if you don't join the sneeze orchestra

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I CONSTANTLY have to tell Americans that Holland isn’t a country (but a region?)

It's too deep rooted and people won't bother to change.. Just like China and Japan who still call them Helan and Oranda.

And we from the Malay Archipelago invent the word "Belanda" to call it.

Posted
5 hours ago, LDOG said:

As far as I understand hand sanitizer is anti-bacterial and we are dealing with a virus, so I don't think it would have any effect?

If it has 60% or more alcohol, it works (according to the health briefing in my workplace).

Apparently the structure of this virus made it possible for alcohol to "attack" them.

Posted
2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Indonesia confirmed their first 2 cases today.

A mother and her daughter are the patients. They got it from a Japanese friend who visited them (this guy currently isolated in Malaysia). Now everyone is panic buying masks

Posted
52 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Portuguese media are getting desperate and extremely frustrated, as lots of nations have already a Coronavirus case in their countries, even in Spain or Brazil, and nothing appears to happen in Portugal.

Every day they came up with more possible cases that ended up as negative, which makes our media very sad :lol:

Maybe Pastel de Nata (portuguese typical pastry that we ate regularly) works as natural repellent of the virus? :lol:

Yeah same here, medias are very desperate.. One governor even welcomed Chinese tourists with fanfare and gifts

Perhaps swimming in flood water created an antibody

We have a 'referee and arbitration committee' whose job is to select and maintain the level of referees.

In practice though, the guys at the committee are the ones who receives bribes from clubs or 'mafia' and orders the referees to do this and that. Very effective indeed.

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted (edited)

In the newest viral joke here, one Indonesian Child Protection Agency commissioner warned girls to be careful when swimming in public pools because they could be pregnant from stray sperm in the pools :facepalm:

And of course it is quickly parodied:

Edited by Griff88