website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Badminton 2017 Discussion Thread



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can find draws, schedules and results for all Badminton tournaments at http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/

Having won the Men's Singles competition at the Pan American Championships, Ygor Coelho is the first ever brazilian to win a continental title in Badminton

Woohoo, the Magee siblings have won a medal in the mixed doubles

On 29/4/2017 at 02:56, OlympicIRL said:

Woohoo, the Magee siblings have won a medal in the mixed doubles :clap:

Congrats for the first Irish first medal in EC!

 

The Magees have good potential, since they can put a good fight to some strong Chinese players by playing it to the 3rd set.

Edited by Griff88
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Griff88 said:

Congrats for the first Irish first medal in EC!

 

The Magees have good potential, since they can put a good fight to some strong Chinese players by playing it to the 3rd set.

 

Thanks :)

They come from a small town near where I live so it's really great to see them to doing so well.

 

I hope they can qualify for Tokyo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

Thanks :)

They come from a small town near where I live so it's really great to see them to doing so well.

 

I hope they can qualify for Tokyo!

Who knows, Magees may qualify in 2 events for Tokyo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Who knows, Magees may qualify in 2 events for Tokyo. 

 

Maybe even three if their younger brother Joshua develops his game in men's doubles. Unlikely scenario though :d

 

It's certainly a family affair as their coach is older brother Daniel Magee and another young prospect in the women's game Rachel Darragh is their cousin. All from a small town (and I mean small :d) nearby me, it's a great success story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

Maybe even three if their younger brother Joshua develops his game in men's doubles. Unlikely scenario though :d

 

It's certainly a family affair as their coach is older brother Daniel Magee and another young prospect in the women's game Rachel Darragh is their cousin. All from a small town (and I mean small :d) nearby me, it's a great success story.

:fingers:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tai Tzu Ying continues her insane run and wins Asia Championships as well. Full list of winners:

 

MS: Chen Long (:CHN)

WS: Tai Tzu Ying (:TPE)
MD: Li Junhui/ Liu Yuchen (:CHN)

WD: Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (:JPN)

XD: Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong (:CHN)

Edited by Dolby
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Having won the Men's Singles competition at the Pan American Championships, Ygor Coelho is the first ever brazilian to win a continental title in Badminton :thumbup:

 

Congrats to him and Brazilian fans!

 

On other results, Canadian team took all other four titles (WS, MD, WD and XD), so no real surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

 

Congrats to him and Brazilian fans!

 

On other results, Canadian team took all other four titles (WS, MD, WD and XD), so no real surprise.

Real surprise was Michelle Li losing to another Canadian. Shocking result if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sindo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...