website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Well based on the responses here. We have users that are very good at performing their civic duty. :yes.

Don’t make the same mistakes the US has made, 

thanks from the US

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes :lol: (I’m a rule breaker, not follower)

Says the person who tried to snitch an entry out of TAISC long after registration closed :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Says the person who tried to snitch an entry out of TAISC long after registration closed :evil:

Exactly a rule breaker

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Exactly a rule breaker

That was the perfect example of being a strict rule follower.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

55 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I've read on Ansa that the referendum will deal with divorce, so I think this will probably cause a sharp rise in turnout, even though in Ireland it is already relatively high. Here in Italy there are also local elections and almost 75% of them will be on the same day of European elections, but other will be split all over the years and some had already occured, (with bad results, from my political point of view, but this is another story)

I don't think the referendum will cause any increase in the vote turnout, or marginal at least. In past elections we may have had more important referendums on such voting days whereas this referendum is simply about reducing the waiting period for divorce from 4 years down to 2 years. I don't think many people even know this referendum is taking place. I will of course vote in favour of the new proposal because if a couple want to divorce, then why make them wait an extra 2 years.

Edited by OlympicIRL

46 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

It looks like you have other things in common other Totallympics :D however, I see that you vote earlier as volunteer in polling stations. Here in Italy, instead, they vote in the same days of regular electors.

In Denmark we have one designated polling station where you're supposed to vote (each city is split into districts). If you cannot be there during the election day, you can cast your vote earlier. 

As I'm volunteering as a party member, the parties need a certain number of volunteers at certain stations. The spots at the station where I'm supposed to vote had been filled when I volunteered. Therefore I cannot vote sunday as I cannot leavy the polling station to go and vote where I'm supposed to (would take 1½ hour or so). Last time I volunteered, I could vote the same day as I was the same place as I was supposed to vote and could therefore take a quick break to vote myself if I wanted (though I voted before back then as well).

49 minutes ago, Agger said:

In Denmark we have one designated polling station where you're supposed to vote (each city is split into districts). If you cannot be there during the election day, you can cast your vote earlier. 

As I'm volunteering as a party member, the parties need a certain number of volunteers at certain stations. The spots at the station where I'm supposed to vote had been filled when I volunteered. Therefore I cannot vote sunday as I cannot leavy the polling station to go and vote where I'm supposed to (would take 1½ hour or so). Last time I volunteered, I could vote the same day as I was the same place as I was supposed to vote and could therefore take a quick break to vote myself if I wanted (though I voted before back then as well).

Oh I see. It is exactly the same in Italy, but here each volunteer is able to vote in the section he is volunteering even though he was not supposed to vote there. 

4 hours ago, bestmen said:

Israel bombarded some iranian bases in syria :yikes:

Haven't they been doing that for a long time? :p