web
analytics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Remove the advertisements
  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
VolleyRuller96

Weightlifting 2018 Discussion Thread

58 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't follow this sport so I'm confused now: if he's a repeated doper, why has he not been banned for life?

Cuz he’s too cool for dat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't follow this sport so I'm confused now: if he's a repeated doper, why has he not been banned for life?

If I'm not mistaken it counts as one offence (the issue with Ilin is that both his samples from 2008 and 2012, both Olympic gold medals for him, turned out dirty two years ago). Or more specifically, as one suspension, and one can't immediately get banned for the first suspension.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

well this is how IWF explaining it

https://www.iwf.net/2018/01/23/iwf-sanction-ilya-ilyin-maximum-allowed-world-anti-doping-code/

and funny that he didn't lose any other medal except only 2 Olympic gold medals.he didn't lose his world records as well.

I admit he is a cool guy. and a great weightlifter (despite his doping story) but everybody knew there is something wrong about him. in 2015 he didn't go to USA for the World Championships instead he went to a low level competition in Russia (only few days after the Worlds) and broke the World Record there ! if he was that ready why not breaking the World Record in the World Championship ?! the answer was easy, he didn't want to take a test in USA.

And this pretty much nullifies all the things IWF has actually done compared to AIBA. Boxing and weightlifting need to go.

• Like 4

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Just now, dcro said:

And this pretty much nullifies all the things IWF has actually done compared to AIBA. Boxing and weightlifting need to go.

I don't mind if both sports go, so this is a good thing for me :d

• Like 1

Just now, dcro said:

IWF "trying" to save the future of weightlifting at the Olympics

What EWF says to IWF:

Relateret billede

• Haha 1

Haha next thing you know Beijing gets a second Olympics and world track cycling championships are going to Turkmenistan or something :lol:

• Haha 3