website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely Iran. I remember them going batshit crash after the WR lift in Anaheim. I have a video of that somewhere...

 

There’s is “(three horn honks) Iran! (pronounced Ear-ron) multiple times in a row”

 

At least our fans cheer though. The Dutch fans always seem super quiet.

 

Tell that to any professional cyclist ever who's gone on Alpe d'Huez during the Tour de France.

 

 

The Dutch fans usually are just cheering and yelling, they luckily don't really have some cheesy chants or songs (anymore) :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

 

I'm against any form of human exploitation, especially children; but sexual exploitation is probably among the most vile acts a human can commit towards another.

 

But since nothing I post on a forum may change anyone point of view, I'll refrain myself for further comments

If people are consenting to use their bodies in such ways is it sexual exploitation then? 

 

Sex trafficking should definitely be squashed by every country, but it is different than Prostitution. 


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US does have some “unique” chants. We have the “I believe that we will win” chant for football. 


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No American chant will ever beat “winning team/losing team” though :d


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The US does have some “unique” chants. We have the “I believe that we will win” chant for football. 

 

Oh! I saw that one in a video that was about US football songs :d 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That made me go back to my childhood and notice something terribly sad :yikes: Apparently Bury FC, founded in 1885, doesn't really exist anymore since last year...at least with no league membership, and they're at risk of just being absorbed into nothingness :cry: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_F.C.

 

For a good while in my young years I followed all their steps....because in FIFA 20xx I played with them so insanely much :wub: 

 

Played at Gigg Lane when they were founded in 1885, still played there last year. Nothing like what those fancy teams do, breaking down historic stadiums to put up their fancy but soulless sponsor-stadiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That made me go back to my childhood and notice something terribly sad :yikes: Apparently Bury FC, founded in 1885, doesn't really exist anymore since last year...at least with no league membership, and they're at risk of just being absorbed into nothingness :cry: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_F.C.

 

For a good while in my young years I followed all their steps....because in FIFA 20xx I played with them so insanely much :wub: 

 

Played at Gigg Lane when they were founded in 1885, still played there last year. Nothing like what those fancy teams do, breaking down historic stadiums to put up their fancy but soulless sponsor-stadiums.

Felt sad, but the other side of me kept popping "they are Buried" joke in my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airbus A320 with a little over 100 people crashed at landing in Karachi, apparently into a residential area...

 

 

Barely an hour ago and the worst of the worst kind of scum has already raised it's head online.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Airbus A320 with a little over 100 people crashed at landing in Karachi, apparently into a residential area...

 

 

Barely an hour ago and the worst of the worst kind of scum has already raised it's head online.

 

 

 

Rarely heard A320 crashing. I saw some media reported it failed landing due to the undercarriage problem and going around, sadly failing landing again due to both engines losing power. Undercarriage problem happens every now and then, usually planed could be forced landing safely (at least not crashing and all dead). I suspect it may caused by misoperation during forced landing, at least partially. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...