website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, dcro said:

+ countries like BIZ or VIN which they just skip because they have no clue what that is. :lol:

and my favorites moments of all games are when the commentators names :LBA athletes representing Lebanon and :LBN athletes representing a certain North African country, trust me but once I even heard a :LBR sprinter being introduced as Libyan :d 

On 25/12/2018 at 21:57, Dmitry said:

I remember that commentator prefer just to ignore athletes from  :wNMI: :wMHL: :wFSM: at the swimming world championships.

Those heats are not even shown here :p  (unless Eurosport shows it and former swimmer Inge Dekker is the co-commentator and gets all giggly and confused with the main commentator about these nations :p )

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 26/12/2018 at 03:46, hckosice said:

+ once I heard a :MON athlete being introdruced as a competitor from Montserrat.

That's just absurd. It's Indonesia! :lol:

But anyway, the IOC code BRN is famous for making commentators mistaking it for Brunei (it should be Bahrain).