website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2019

Gianlu33

7 hours ago, wumo26 said:

My team is New Orleans Saints. I started watching NFL back in 2004 and I decided to pick a team who had a so-so record from 2003. I saw Saints had a 8-8 record for 2003, so I chose them. It was mainly because New Orleans Saints sounded like a cool name. :p Katrina then happened in 2005, which made me see how much football meant for this city, so my support grew. Since I have enjoyed seeing Payton and Brees create magic on offense and the highlight was of course the SB victory in the 2009 season. 

To be honest I do prefer teams with a great defense, which Saints usually don't have, so I also mini-support Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens. Bears is based on clips I have seen of their defense from 80's. With Ravens it is one person, Ray Lewis. 

Ray fuckin' Lewis? The same guy who got away with at the very least accessory to murder? You must be the only person outside of Baltimore who likes this guy :p

Just now, Monzanator said:

Ray fuckin' Lewis? The same guy who got away with at the very least accessory to murder? You must be the only person outside of Baltimore who likes this guy :p

I liked how he played on the field. Outside the field, he is really flawed to say at least. To my defence, I didn't know about this case when I started watching NFL. I was 9 years old in 2004 when I watched him play for the first time and at that time I didn't do thorough background check on all players in NFL. 

By the way, this is not me trying to make up an excuse. My view on him as NFL-player is still the same, but my view on him as person outside the field has definitely changed since the first time I watched him play. 

Edited by wumo26

Just now, Monzanator said:

you can go up to 2...

of course only for what he did on the field...

Not specifically a fan, but I like the Minnesota Vikings since Marshall of How I Met Your Mother liked the Minnesota Vikings :p  (and an epic epic last second playoff win helped)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not specifically a fan, but I like the Minnesota Vikings since Marshall of How I Met Your Mother liked the Minnesota Vikings :p  (and an epic epic last second playoff win helped)

I suggest you watch 'Any Given Sunday' to get a better feel for the game :p

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Me as Saints fan:

triggered GIF

On 05/09/2019 at 04:00, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So who here an NFL Fan? I would love to keep this thread very active during the season since its really the only thing I watch outside of Olympic sports.  

Who are your teams?

Well. Since I watched my very first NFL game about 12 years ago, I've been a Patriots supporter. (Hate coming up :p )