web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

  • Remove the advertisements
  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Men's Baseball ABSA African Championship 2019

Recommended Posts

Men's Baseball ABSA African Championship 2019

 

RSA.gif Johannesburg (RSA) - 1 May 2019 - 5 May 2019 RSA.gif

 

191817i9zgld5twwobo7wo.png
 
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schedule for west African pre-qualifying tournament. https://www.sidwaya.info/sport/2019/03/18/eliminatoires-jo-zone-afrique-de-louest-les-etalons-baseball-en-route-pour-accra/

 

22 March 🇧🇫 - 🇳🇬

23 March 🇧🇫 - 🇬🇭

24 March 🇬🇭 - 🇳🇬

 

Hosted in Accra 🇬🇭

 


I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, szy123 said:

Schedule for west African pre-qualifying tournament. https://www.sidwaya.info/sport/2019/03/18/eliminatoires-jo-zone-afrique-de-louest-les-etalons-baseball-en-route-pour-accra/

 

22 March 🇧🇫 - 🇳🇬

23 March 🇧🇫 - 🇬🇭

24 March 🇬🇭 - 🇳🇬

 

Hosted in Accra 🇬🇭

 

 

I'd be very, very surprised if the African team qualifying to the Euro-African Olympic Qualification Tournament aren't the South Africans...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting things about tournament in this article. https://extrainningsbaseball.wordpress.com/2019/03/21/zonewestpreview/

It says that 🇧🇫 Sanfo Lassina, who plays professionally in in Koichi Fighting Dogs in the independent Shikoku Island League Plus, is set to help his nation in Accra. 


I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, szy123 said:

Some interesting things about tournament in this article. https://extrainningsbaseball.wordpress.com/2019/03/21/zonewestpreview/

It says that 🇧🇫 Sanfo Lassina, who plays professionally in in Koichi Fighting Dogs in the independent Shikoku Island League Plus, is set to help his nation in Accra. 

 

wow! I didn't know that BF have a professional player (even if "professional" is quite a word for an obscure independent league in Japan)...

 

however, if only they wanted, African teams could start shopping in the US, because there they could easily find some good players with some African heritage...

 

not that there are many stars with those origins, but for sure in the hidden world of the minor leagues there are a lot of reasonably good players...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 godziny temu, phelps napisał:

 

wow! I didn't know that BF have a professional player (even if "professional" is quite a word for an obscure independent league in Japan)...

 

however, if only they wanted, African teams could start shopping in the US, because there they could easily find some good players with some African heritage...

 

not that there are many stars with those origins, but for sure in the hidden world of the minor leagues there are a lot of reasonably good players...

Yeah, exactly, but African nations have no strong points encouraging players of African heritage to play for them. We'll, the fact that 3/4 of teams invited for the pre-qualifying tournament couldn't participate in it says a lot.


I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like all team sports, baseball is very expensive in terms of traveling costs and given that it won't be in the next Olympics, there's no point in heavily investing in a less popular sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the tournament starts with a surprise win from 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso over 🇳🇬 Nigeria. Not sure if Sanfo played, but his team won 13-3. So Burkina Faso is almost sure of going to South Africa to play in first ever African Cup.  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2112965792129904&id=1109158262510667


I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, szy123 said:

And the tournament starts with a surprise win from 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso over 🇳🇬 Nigeria. Not sure if Sanfo played, but his team won 13-3. So Burkina Faso is almost sure of going to South Africa to play in first ever African Cup.  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2112965792129904&id=1109158262510667

Well in the span of two weeks, Burkina Faso has gone from very little chances of qualifying to the Olympics in an Sport other than Track or Swimming, to 2 fair chances. Bravo :BUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well in the span of two weeks, Burkina Faso has gone from very little chances of qualifying to the Olympics in an Sport other than Track or Swimming, to 2 fair chances. Bravo :BUR

 

I doubt Burkina Faso will defeat the Netherlands or Italy, even defeating South Africa would be a huge victory for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...