website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, a non-participating nation participated in a qualifying event where quota are won for an event in which said nation doesn't participate?

Well, I guess the athlete had the right to compete, but they should've put him under some kind of "neutral" flag or something.

For now, I've placed him under "PASO" in the first post.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Oh wow. That's just dumb. They should have chosen before the competition. They have sent boxers in all categories minus 3, so I assumed AMBC provided them with just 3 host quotas (the qualification document says max of 7)

I agree... they should have chose pick their host quotas before not after... but it seems PASO is still a long way from learning how to properly write a qualification process.

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

@mrv86

So apparently there was some sort of confusion/mistake in a matchup between :ANT and :ARG at the boxing qualifiers. :ARG originally won, but the decision was overturned, and :ANT was given the decision (and the Lima 2019 quota). Any details?

Still, not so many news or complete results. It seems each NOC or national federation is just focussing (obviously) in their own boxers.

24 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Well, I guess the athlete had the right to compete, but they should've put him under some kind of "neutral" flag or something.

For now, I've placed him under "PASO" in the first post.

My thoughts exactly... they may allow him as an Independent Pan American athlete.

55 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

My thoughts exactly... they may allow him as an Independent Pan American athlete.

They should

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

46 minutes ago, intoronto said:

FWIW, Panamsports did not publish his name as list of qualifiers.

They also posted multiple people who had already qualified, and they didn’t use the correct event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela