website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

So tomorrow starts the boxing qualifiers in Nicaragua. I cannot find any information about the tournament. Anyone know where to find the draws etc?

Usually AIBA, but...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

So tomorrow starts the boxing qualifiers in Nicaragua. I cannot find any information about the tournament. Anyone know where to find the draws etc?

It's just a possibility, but host federation seems to be sharing some basic info in their FB page.

So far they have confirmed the arrival of some delegations today, as well as the arrival of the rest tomorrow. Let's hope they also share the draws.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:USA and :CAN (who would have been the 4th team) have withdrawn from the women's soccer tournament, for obvious reasons (to prepare for the World Cup). :MEX and :CRC received the reallocations, the first team sport for the latter.

Oh come on, the US could have at least sent one of our U16 development squads and won gold :facepalm:. No offense to other nations, were just better than most at women’s soccer (oh yeah I said soccer). Happy that Costa Rica benefits though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh come on, the US could have at least sent one of our U16 development squads and won gold :facepalm:. No offense to other nations, were just better than most at women’s soccer (oh yeah I said soccer). Happy that Costa Rica benefits though.

Yea that's why a college team was successful in 2007

Looks like there may be a number of reallocations in eventing. Barbados has nobody qualified. Monique Archer attempted to get MER last month, but that ended with three refusals and elimination. Other two members from last year's team haven't even tried to get it so far.

Costa Rica also has nobody. Honduras has only one. Peru has two (so far).

#banbestmen

43 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like there may be a number of reallocations in eventing. Barbados has nobody qualified. Monique Archer attempted to get MER last month, but that ended with three refusals and elimination. Other two members from last year's team haven't even tried to get it so far.

Costa Rica also has nobody. Honduras has only one. Peru has two (so far).

I think the problem is that for Eventing and Dressage 10 full teams is just too many, since those disciplines aren't that developed. I guess they should have awarded 8 team spots and 10 additional individuals in each one of these disciplines.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I think the problem is that for Eventing and Dressage 10 full teams is just too many, since those disciplines aren't that developed. I guess they should have awarded 8 team spots and 10 additional individuals in each one of these disciplines.

Dressage is about right I think. There shouldn't be any unused spots, except maybe with Peru. But since equestrian used to be basically non-existent there, Peru is doing a very fine job.

As for eventing, at least they use 3* technical difficulty level, unlike the Asian Games (and other regional games) which use 2* format. Olympics and World championships are held at 4*/5* level, so 2* is indeed quite meaningless.

#banbestmen