website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

I’ve come to decision that I’ll be supporting Sanders in the primaries. He is our only hope.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

All Americans have been advised to leave Iraq immediately. War with Iran in Iraq is very much a possibility at this point (though I very, very small think)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can’t afford to after paying and arm, leg, and second arm for Tokyo tickets :p. I need to see what the media accommodations are too. 

Politics aside, there some passions we share: sports, film, and telling NOlympics to suck it :p.

I think it’s a good thing to focus on both similarities and differences.

Well then stop looking and tell them to suck it!

Yet another quote by Trump, where he pretty much literally says he is not fit to be president and where he admits starting a war with Iran is a way to get reelected and nothing else. Obviously everyone with a mind understands that already, but it's good to see him admitting his own foul play.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve come to decision that I’ll be supporting Sanders in the primaries. He is our only hope.

The guy has a bigger chance of dying in office than beating Trump IMO :lol:

Speaking more seriously, the more things change the more they stay the same. All the progressive talk. candidates of color yadda yadda and the best chance to beat an old white guy has another old white guy? That's brand new information!

I told ya before, Dems need to find the next Clinton or Obama. I'm not even gonna mention the next JFK because that's totally off the mark (not to mention he's still the only Catholic elected President, right?). I read some left-wing journalists saying Dems can't fall into a trap of trying to find the next Obama. Hell, that's totally wrong but the thing is, appeasing the minorities can't come at the expense of appeasing the actual majority! Take for granted all you want (inc. the blacks or Latinos) BUT in democracy it's still the majority that wins. Just how costly was losing the Rust Belt for crooked Hilary last time out? :p If the blue collars vote GOP, the Dems and officially screwed.

Trump on twitter :

....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.

Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently....

As hard as I work, & as successful as our Country has become with our Economy, our Military & everything else, it is ashame that the Democrats make us spend so much time & money on this ridiculous Impeachment Lite Hoax. I should be able to devote all of my time to the REAL USA!