website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

40 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

I watched race walk for some time And i wonder that in time of advanced technology, they still use cards as warning. I think for everbody will be better to use some Smartwatch and give this cards (penalty) to them digitally. And racer could easily check how much cards they already have.

It will be advantage for everyone (racer, judge, TV, fans)

What do you think?

Like @Monzanator says, it's not a solution to have that as only thing. It could be a helpful assisting tool of course, but there's also a big 'screen' with the warnings and such if I'm not mistaken, athletes can check that pretty often.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

@heywoodu what are your 4x400 predictions then? ? 

Women:

1. Cuba

2. Poland

3. Canada

USA and Jamaica with a DQ/DNF!

Men:

1. Italy, obviously

2. Botswana

3. Borlee, injured Borlee, slightly injured Borlee and not-Borlee

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Women:

1. Cuba

2. Poland

3. Canada

USA and Jamaica with a DQ/DNF!

Men:

1. Italy, obviously

2. Botswana

3. Borlee, injured Borlee, slightly injured Borlee and not-Borlee

Nah, those are very safe bets, nothing controversial. Ain't happen ?

13 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I am surprised  they have never swapped the 4x100 with the 4x400 as the sprint relay feels a better end in terms of the fact the 100m runners are usually more famous and the bigger names.

Individual 100m sprints always come before 400 and that is the main goal, you want to start the athletics in a high and pick it from there.

That's it for Erdogan after 5km or so.

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Luckily we didn't get any DNS.

Why do these Japanese women not have the usual Japanese women's marathon style of running we've all come to love? :nopompom: 

14 hours ago, NearPup said:

(no joke the only time I've ever seen canooeing on American TV it was a non-ICF "extreme" canoeing race)

My wild guess is that this from the Go Pro/Teva Mountain Games…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela