website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, @heywoodumentioned it. When he was 10 months old, he hit a pan with boiling oil and it fell over his head and shoulders. He was hospitalized for months.

Also, the last time that a Brazilian individual won a medal on track at the Olympics was in 1988, so he broke a long lasting curse for us.

First Dutch athletics gold since 1992, first Brazilian track medal since 1988....I'm satisfied with this week so far :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckošice said:
Men's 400m Hurdles
Final Results

:NOR  Karsten WARHOLM

45.94 WR

:USA  Rai BENJAMIN

46.17 AR

:BRA  Alison DOS SANTOS

46.72 AR

Final Results Here
Semifinal Results Here
Heats Results Here

If I hadn't seen this race I'd swear you made a typo and meant 46.94 + 47.17 and 47.72 :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

First Dutch athletics gold since 1992, first Brazilian track medal since 1988....I'm satisfied with this week so far :d 

First Polish track medal since 1980, too. 

Yes, I know this Mixed relay is brand new event, not very prestigious, not very relevant with US and some other teams in their B squads But still... 

If you can't get what you want, be happy with what is available.... 

But waiting for Dobek in tomorrow 800 final. If he could medal there, that would be a track medal in one of the really serious events... 

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

First Polish track medal since 1980, too. 

Yes, I know this Mixed relay is brand new event, not very prestigious, not very relevant with US and some other teams in their B squads But still... 

If you can't get what you want, be happy with what is available.... 

But waiting for Dobek in tomorrow 800 final. If he could medal there, that would be a track medal in one of the really serious events... 

I promise you nobody is going to remember that part.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I promise you nobody is going to remember that part.

Well, I don't know, nevermind... 

But waiting for this 800 final so much now. 

Looks like Dobek and his coach knew what results are coming in 400 hurdles and chose to switch to 800. I hope tomorrow we will see it was a right decision 

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Brazil and Slovakia saying this is their worst Olympics and medals start falling. :d  Guess i should have said it as well, having some luck would be welcomed for us in these final few days. :d

Hey, I never said it is the worst Olympics, nothing can beat London. However, I know very well we have gazillion of different problems in our sport, overall we see the huge decline and basically behind Vlhová (and still at some point Sagan) we can not travel to the Olympics with any extreme expectations. any single medal is something fantastic for us, we thanks to circumstances won 3 here which is already stunning.

The only reel disappointement was the M C1 Canoe Slalom, not winning medal for the first time in our history is still hard to swallow...

Anyway, this is still nothing for ordinary slovaks, the main event for us all will be at the end of the month at the Ice Hockey Olympic fianl qualifier. Man if we´ll fail there...I don´t know what will happen in this country