website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I think you're right. Looking back at 2012 qualification, it looks like Samoa received a reallocation in men's weightlifting despite already having a woman.

From what I understood, IWF will take one quota away from Romania in both men's and women's events (what in reality means 2 quotas).

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I just saw the results from the African qualification... The winner of women's 48kg (that is Mauritius) actually lifted 17 more kilograms that the winner in women's 53 (Tunisia) :lol:

Tunisia also had a 14 year-old girl competing in -48kg. :cool:

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I just saw the results from the African qualification... The winner of women's 48kg (that is Mauritius) actually lifted 17 more kilograms that the winner in women's 53 (Tunisia) :lol:

Believe it or not something similar happened at the 2012 Olympics. Li Xueying, winner of the women's 58kg, lifted 246kg while Maiya Maneza, winner of the women's 63kg, lifted 245kg. The 63kg class in London was fairly weak in general.

Edited by Near

В 10.04.2016 в 17:16, Benolympique сказал:
what are the nations favorite for Olympic tickets? why France still 3 to 4 quotas and not with all these doped ?????

I think Kazakhstan will be the first. Because we have a two-time The Olympic champion, four-time champion Ilya Ilyin world. Olympic champions Svetlana Podobedova, Zulfiya Chinchanlo. World Champions Nijat Rahimov, Vladimir Sedov.

Already on day 2 we have a "situation". Libya didn't compete today even though they had 2 lifters in -62 on entry list! This might open the door for Ghana. Also a lifter from Congo didn't show up.

Madagascar is leading the team rankings on day 1 after winning gold and silver. But according to the entry list that's their complete team. :wall:

#banbestmen