website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

7 hours ago, dareza said:

I can;t wait to see Soro against Serbia. Still my favorite GK and I think he is one of the best in the world.  Imo Brazil can fight for 2-3 place. But 4 is secured. Australia is not that good.

I do not know, our team has improved (the Brazilians too) but still suffers a lot with teams "theoretically" weaker. But that we'll see, but I twist a lot for us to beat Greece and / or Hungary.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Canadian water polo player David Hart has started an online petition to punish France for their incredibly unsportsmanlike behaviour at the OQT :d 

Of course it won't have any results, but it's good to see that everybody hates the French team..

The link (it's a Dutch site, but they put Hart's letter there in English):

http://www.waterpolo.nl/canadese-petitie-straf-frankrijk/23967/#.Vw3kQKR96Uk

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Former Canadian water polo player David Hart has started an online petition to punish France for their incredibly unsportsmanlike behaviour at the OQT :d 

Of course it won't have any results, but it's good to see that everybody hates the French team..

The link (it's a Dutch site, but they put Hart's letter there in English):

http://www.waterpolo.nl/canadese-petitie-straf-frankrijk/23967/#.Vw3kQKR96Uk

By "everybody", you mean some canadians and netherlanders, and a croatian apparently ?

Anyway, I didn't want to do it, but here, there are a few points.

- France hasn't stolen anything or anyone. Games were won fair and square.

- Let's not pretend for a second that Canada tried its utmost to win that game. The first candaian scorer didn' display any kind of joy when he scored his first goal, quite the contrary actually. David Hart is full of shit here. Canada was not a synonym of "honesty" and "integrity", they were simplly worse at sucking it.

- Calling for sanctions against teams not showing "honesty" and "integrity" ? Fine, let's start by Canada then... Oh well, what about these soccer teams already qualified that field a second string for their last pool stage game ? What about Spain's basketball team in London (France did suffer from that one btw) ? What about ?... It's a can of worns. Everybody knows it.

- Let's have some perspective here. France is far from a water polo powerhouse . We are talking about a team that didn't qualifie for the olympics during 24 years. A team that almost failed constantly to even qualifie for an euro championship during 20 years. Are you really expected these guys to work their ass off during such a game when:
a) They are already qualified for the next round
b) They have to play the most important game of their life the next day
c) Winning, almost certainly means they will miss the oportunity of their life

Really, seriously ? 

- The Netherdlands should not even have been qualified to this tournament, having been previously eliminated... by France in the last euro. They were only there because some teams from other continents couldn't make it. Here goes your painted orange white horse.

So please, everybody takes their sour grapes home. That shit is getting tedious as fuck.

I agree with you, here I find that many member draws a red ball that French athletes and the France .. and it makes me sad .. we must respect each country, and the France team n ' no flying this Olympic qualification ...
RESPECT OF MAY ON THE FRANCE PLEASE THANKS
  :redcard::redcard::stop::stop:

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

By "everybody", you mean some canadians and netherlanders, and a croatian apparently ?

- Let's not pretend for a second that Canada tried its utmost to win that game. The first candaian scorer didn' display any kind of joy when he scored his first goal, quite the contrary actually. David Hart is full of shit here. Canada was not a synonym of "honesty" and "integrity", they were simplly worse at sucking it.

- Calling for sanctions against teams not showing "honesty" and "integrity" ? Fine, let's start by Canada then... Oh well, what about these soccer teams already qualified that field a second string for their last pool stage game ? What about Spain's basketball team in London (France did suffer from that one btw) ? What about ?... It's a can of worns. Everybody knows it.

- Let's have some perspective here. France is far from a water polo powerhouse . We are talking about a team that didn't qualifie for the olympics during 24 years. A team that almost failed constantly to even qualifie for an euro championship during 20 years. Are you really expected these guys to work their ass off during such a game when:

Really, seriously ? 

- The Netherdlands should not even have been qualified to this tournament, having been previously eliminated... by France in the last euro. They were only there because some teams from other continents couldn't make it. Here goes your painted orange white horse.

So please, everybody takes their sour grapes home. That shit is getting tedious as fuck.

well, French team deserves criticism but sure, finally they won it fair. As to you - you by yourself are writing very stupid comments like with this "tradition" after sad Polish handball woman`s team loss with Russia. Don`t expect any sympathy here, it seems you`re maybe disliked not only by me. By your fault only

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

10 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I agree with you, here I find that many member draws a red ball that French athletes and the France .. and it makes me sad .. we must respect each country, and the France team n ' no flying this Olympic qualification ...
RESPECT OF MAY ON THE FRANCE PLEASE THANKS
  :redcard::redcard::stop::stop:

I love French sport, but when some team deserves criticism it deserves it, just it. STOP. I think most of us here like French sport as a whole. I dislike this de_gambassi guy for his comments, that`s it. STOP :)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Really, seriously ? 

I might have overreacted a tiny bit :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FINA has announced they will investige the French team and their way of losing on purpose in the OQT. 

6 hours ago, hckosice said:

FINA should at first investigate who of their geniuses invented those idiotic tiebreaker rules:d

I personaly think waterpolo is a great sport. And that's not because I'm from Serbia. But having said that with these kind of rules and I don't mean tiebreaker rules, it shouldn't be an olympic sports. 99% of people in my country which is a waterpolo superpower I can guarantee you doesn't know the rules, it's too dependent on referees, nobody who watches can understand the rules and I think sometimes the players can't either