website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

What do you guys all do in church suddenly? :yikes: And serious question: why specifically go on Christmas? If one believes in some sort of deity, wouldn't said deity be perfectly fine with a little chat at any moment of the year instead of that one day where half the world suddenly wants to talk to him? :p 

Because I love the carols, the atmosphere and the general feeling of goodwill. I don't go to church most of the year (maybe on Easter too). Tradition counts for a lot in my enjoyment of things associated with Christmas. It's not just about going to talk to God, at least not for me. Though I do go up to the crib, say a prayer and remember my loved ones no longer here.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Plus a lot of people only attends the mass during Christmas & Easter.

Even heywoodu must realize Christmas is kinda more important than a casual Sunday during the year :lol:

I genuinely don't understand why someone who doesn't normally go to church would suddenly go on one of those days. But sure, 'what would family say' :p So very happy I don't care much what my family would say :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Got some nice custom made things for Tokyo this summer:

577EF5BE-EDF3-4A39-8D49-CB11AA6B5E3F.jpeg

Got a nice 4K monitor just in time for the YOG too :p.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and realizes that gifts are fun, but not the most important of the holidays. I normally wouldn’t make a post about mine, but it seemed to fit the theme of the forum. :p

Merry Christmas :cool:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And the Danish Christmas dinner. Duck with 2 kinds of potatoes, creamy brown sauce, pickled red cabbage and stuffing

20191225_181951.jpg

And for dessert: Risalamande (rice pudding with cream, almonds and vanilla, served with cherry sauce)

20191225_194311.jpg

In the dessert there's a single whole almond. The one who gets it wins a present (in some families it's a part of the "game" to hide that you've got it). For the first time in a bunch od years, I got it and ended up hiding it in my glass of port (one of the classics) :p

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

and realizes that gifts are fun, but not the most important of the holidays

Says the person who got a freaking 4K monitor just because :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Says the person who got a freaking 4K monitor just because :p 

#FirstWorldProblems :p

To be fair, don’t ask for a lot from my parents, and I’m very minimalist (in terms of the US), so that’s my excuse for the monitor. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Merry Christmas to all my Totallympics friends who celebrate this wonderfull holliday.

This wonderful Totallympics friend of yours wants you to know that “wonderful” and “holiday” have 1 L. :p

Edited by Olympian1010