website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ECA European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Mission became finally a 2032 Universality Nation is going well.

Slovak sport has found another rock bottom. For the first time in history, we will not compete in Canoeing Sprint

nothing better for the moral than such lovely newspapers titles to read in the evening while tuning on your PC.

image.png

Looking to the right you can see which sports dominate in your country: football and hockey :) It's similar in our country, e.g. recently Trentino won the Champions League in volleyball and information about it did not even appear on most portals, and on the sports portals it was somewhere at the bottom . The popularity of football can only be covered by tennis thanks to Sinner. 

Edited by copravolley

20 hours ago, Andry84 said:

I think Burgo can do It, if not , he Will be very close

Burgo, however, is very far from promotion. Unfortunately, our team only competes in c-1 and c-2 competition after skipping sprints in k-1. Craciun to win a QO in c-1. I wonder who I'm putting up now? Craciun or Tacchini?

28 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Looking to the right you can see which sports dominate in your country: football and hockey :)

That´s not a surprise though. Hockey is clearly sport numero uno here. Almost a religion some would say...

if you open our sport sites the first pages are only about hockey

Our 3 main sport webs

Šport.sk, Športweb Pravda and Sportnet

so no surprise we are piss poor in other sports as they lack any popularity nor interest. I mean there a reason why the winter olympics (especially hockey) are much more followed and popular than the summer olympics in Slovakia

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

That´s not a surprise though. Hockey is clearly sport numero uno here. Almost a religion some would say...

if you open our sport sites the first pages are only about hockey

Our 3 main sport webs

Šport.sk, Športweb Pravda and Sportnet

so no surprise we are piss poor in other sports as they lack any popularity nor interest. I mean there a reason why the winter olympics (especially hockey) are much more followed and popular than the summer olympics in Slovakia

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I understand that. Only great individuals like Peter Sagan or Petra Vlhova can be at the forefront of sports information in their prime. Surely, when Slovakia advanced for group on the FIFA World Cup in 2010, football also dominated the press at that time?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Burgo, however, is very far from promotion. Unfortunately, our team only competes in c-1 and c-2 competition after skipping sprints in k-1. Craciun to win a QO in c-1. I wonder who I'm putting up now? Craciun or Tacchini?

I expected more from Burgo , a finish place between 2 and 4, instead very well in canoe, Craciun with unexpected pass and he Will compete in C1 while Tacchini Will focus on C2, and very good news by Olympia Della Giustina

Edited by Andry84

33 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I understand that. Only great individuals like Peter Sagan or Petra Vlhova can be at the forefront of sports information in their prime. Surely, when Slovakia advanced for group on the FIFA World Cup in 2010, football also dominated the press at that time?

Yep, Yep and Yep. The 2010 journey was crazy, magic and unforgettable.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep, Yep and Yep. The 2010 journey was crazy, magic and unforgettable.

I remember that in the 1990s a Slovak club played in the football Champions League: 1. FC Kosice. Does it still exist and is it related to this hockey club?

Edited by copravolley

1 hour ago, Andry84 said:

I expected more from Burgo , a finish place between 2 and 4, instead very well in canoe, Craciun with unexpected pass and he Will compete in C1 while Tacchini Will focus on C2, and very good news by Olympia Della Giustina

are you sure?

I mean, one between Tacchini and Casadei could well start also in C1 (and I'd be surprised if they don't take a chance)

and right now I guss Tacchini has more credits than Casadei to double up in Paris

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

I remember that in the 1990s a Slovak club played in the football Champions League: 1. FC Kosice. Does it still exist and is it related to this hockey club?

No. the club went bankrupt and disappeared a couple of years after. Nowadays there kind of succession club named FC Košice which get promoted to the top tier league only from this season and currently playing for the maintain.

44 minutes ago, hckošice said:

No. the club went bankrupt and disappeared a couple of years after. Nowadays there kind of succession club named FC Košice which get promoted to the top tier league only from this season and currently playing for the maintain.

Club disappeared but it stays in memory of Spartak Moscow fans as the their worst nightmare

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/54239--kosice-vs-spartak-moskva/

(I know this because Spartak Moscow and Dynamo Kyiv are historic rivals, ironically fans of Dynamo were friends with the fans of Zenit St.Peterburh for long time before putin came).