website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

The thing with this event, and the whole sport of surfing for that matter, is that it's so unpredictable and wide open that half the entries in each category have a realistic shot at getting a quota. 

Exactly, it's quite difficult to predict the qualified athletes. Despite the fact I think this @Josh's list is very precise, I can't take out some athletes like Kemp :GER, Barton :GBR, Resano :NCA...

And we can have  some surprises. Last ISA Siqi Yang :CHN finished close to TOP 30. I was shocked with her performance from a Chinese athlete only 14-years-old. Now, she will compete again, and I could bet that she is gonna bother so many favorites.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:24 PM, Cinnamon Bun said:

Can't wait for this, one of the most unpredictable events on the quality calendar. Hope :GBR can sneak a quota. 

Will be interesting, but my confident opinion :old: based on complete 100% ignorance of the principles of either sport but my willingness to start a fight :stars: is that surfing depends on physical strength, and that skateboarding depends on youthful flexibility.

36 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Will be interesting, but my confident opinion :old: based on complete 100% ignorance of the principles of either sport but my willingness to start a fight :stars: is that surfing depends on physical strength, and that skateboarding depends on youthful flexibility.

I believe it is mostly core strength and balance from what I've been told. Surfing is one the few popular sports in California I haven't tried.

Flexibility might help in skateboarding, but its more just about board control and individual skill from what I can tell.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

39 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

what are the chances of Joan duru getting the last Olympic ticket for my country? Thanks. 

Hard to say at this moment, but he is one of the favorites for sure.