website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Poor from :GBR Dillon who goes to repechage at the first time of asking. At least our 2 best surfers are still in the main draw. 

It's not a sport that I follow but I thought Dillon was the top GB surfer? 

44 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

It's not a sport that I follow but I thought Dillon was the top GB surfer? 

Not anymore. Stanley Norman outperformed him at last year's games and has been putting up way better scores than him. He's in his early 20s, so he's definitely got a good career ahead of him. If he doesn't qualify, this will be Dillon's last competition as he's taken up a performance coach position at British Surfing. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Arran Strong ending the day off well for :GBR, little disappointed with Dillon and Sandland but bar Dillon going to the repechage it was what I expected. Interesting to see how Sky does tomorrow, and hope Norman, Strong and Barton can make it safely into round 3. 

40 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Arran Strong ending the day off well for :GBR, little disappointed with Dillon and Sandland but bar Dillon going to the repechage it was what I expected. Interesting to see how Sky does tomorrow, and hope Norman, Strong and Barton can make it safely into round 3. 

The 15000km distance between events would make a potential double from Sky interesting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The 15000km distance between events would make a potential double from Sky interesting.

It's doable as the Surfing ends on the 31st and the Park starts on the 6th. Never seen her surf before, so it'll be interesting to see how good she is compared to everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Lucky for her she'll have at least a week to travel and settle.

With that said she's a long shot at qualifying in surfing.