website statistics

Team Canada at the 2024 World Aquatics Championships Road to Paris 2024

40 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Makes you think what kind of crazy way the women's volleyball team will qualify.

Overall we have six traditional teams at the Olympics, with men's rugby sevens and women's volleyball remaining. For 2020 we had 8, but one was softball.

I was thinking the exact same thing

30 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Great swim by Taylor Ruck in the 50 free heats. 24.84 and qualifies for the semis in 7th.

Looks like she's shifted her focus to the 50/100 free.

I wouldn’t be concerned with her time in the 4x200m relay. The other three swimmers left Ruck a lot of work to do during the anchor leg, and Ruck went out quick in order to try and put Canada in medal contention, hence her fading the last 50m. Think if she paced it better 1:57 would definitely be possible.  I’m curious as to if Ruck races in the 200m freestyle at trials, don’t see her qualifying individually but she may attempt for the relay. 

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I wouldn’t be concerned with her time in the 4x200m relay. The other three swimmers left Ruck a lot of work to do during the anchor leg, and Ruck went out quick in order to try and put Canada in medal contention, hence her fading the last 50m. Think if she paced it better 1:57 would definitely be possible.  I’m curious as to if Ruck races in the 200m freestyle at trials, don’t see her qualifying individually but she may attempt for the relay. 

Never said I was concerned. :d

Just some comment I saw on swim swam from a guy who has some insight (though I have no idea how reliable it is). Will definitely be interesting to see if she swims it at trials or not. Given what we've seen, she could be in a log jam with about 6 other swimmers who could qualify for the relay.

8 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Never said I was concerned. :d

Just some comment I saw on swim swam from a guy who has some insight (though I have no idea how reliable it is). Will definitely be interesting to see if she swims it at trials or not. Given what we've seen, she could be in a log jam with about 6 other swimmers who could qualify for the relay.

For some reason I thought you said something about her relay time being concerning, but it turns out that I got you confused with some random SwimSwam user :facepalm: