website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

9 hours ago, FireRun said:

Kristjan Čeh and Kanter part ways. This is the 2nd time that Čeh has "lost" his coach in an Olympic season. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't medal again. 

I could accept the ''his first coach was an asshole'' story.Splitting off with Kanter out of nowhere.....yeah,no something is rotten in denmark,i'm getting the sense he's egotistical beyond it being justifiable.  

14 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

I could accept the ''his first coach was an asshole'' story.Splitting off with Kanter out of nowhere.....yeah,no something is rotten in denmark,i'm getting the sense he's egotistical beyond it being justifiable.  

Rumor is that his girlfriend is the cause. It was her fault that he split with his first coach (because he didn't want her to be present during training, and she wasn't having it so Čeh decided a few weeks before OG to break their contract), and she was the one that introduced him to Kanter. 

2 hours ago, FireRun said:

Rumor is that his girlfriend is the cause. It was her fault that he split with his first coach (because he didn't want her to be present during training, and she wasn't having it so Čeh decided a few weeks before OG to break their contract), and she was the one that introduced him to Kanter. 

I'm aware that the estonian girlfriend was the cause of the issue with the first coach.Can't see her having anything to do with this split.Gonna be really interesting to see how Ceh's season continues on,i saw someone suggest wolfgang as a coach for him on instagram,doubt it's gonna happen,especially with Ceh's record of doing what his coaches want him to do. 

20 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

I'm aware that the estonian girlfriend was the cause of the issue with the first coach.Can't see her having anything to do with this split.Gonna be really interesting to see how Ceh's season continues on,i saw someone suggest wolfgang as a coach for him on instagram,doubt it's gonna happen,especially with Ceh's record of doing what his coaches want him to do. 

Well his new coach (Mart Olman) is her old hammer throwing coach :facepalm:

1 hour ago, FireRun said:

Well his new coach (Mart Olman) is her old hammer throwing coach :facepalm:

lol what ?,how will a Hammer coach be helpful ? plus his biggest coaching win is a para athlete with 6 place at worlds....Yeah this coach is No Jusis,alright guess we will see how long this partnership will last...

5 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

lol what ?,how will a Hammer coach be helpful ? plus his biggest coaching win is a para athlete with 6 place at worlds....Yeah this coach is No Jusis,alright guess we will see how long this partnership will last...

Maybe he'll switch disciplines like Roglič or Lampič :d