website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

21 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Sorry, but mentioning Engleder is wrong. She would have won an Olympic Quota place. It's just that two other Germans won a quota place earlier, which is why they were mentioned by name here. This was done not to count an athlete twice in the Olympic qualification, not because this is *their" quota place.

Yes i know, you said it before and you dont have to repeat it every day.

In my opinion winning the quota place first is also an "achievement", so those athletes should be the first choices for the quota places. Engleder had the same chance as everyone else, but there were two athletes who won the quota places before her, so those athletes performed better under pressure and in my opinion those athletes are more likely to medal at the olympic games.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

It is official. We will not trade place. Our policy in shooting has always been that athletes that have earned the quota themselves are selected for Olympics.

Very sad for Durkovic, but i understand your federation. I think in a nation like China this wouldnt happen, they would never give away a possible medal chance so easy. Durkovic could maybe try to qualify in mens 10 m air rifle, taking away the quota place from Gorsa?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes i know, you said it before and you dont have to repeat it every day.

In my opinion winning the quota place first is also an "achievement", so those athletes should be the first choices for the quota places. Engleder had the same chance as everyone else, but there were two athletes who won the quota places before her, so those athletes performed better under pressure and in my opinion those athletes are more likely to medal at the olympic games.

But this is not how German federation will do it. Engleder has the same chance to go to the Olympics as the other two have. That's confirmed.

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

But this is not how German federation will do it. Engleder has the same chance to go to the Olympics as the other two have. That's confirmed.

I know, i thought that i pointed it out, but maybe not enough. I said that Germany has two other athletes who won a quota place (and therefore those athletes didnt win a quota place). I know that the quota places are for nations and not for athletes, but in my opinion those athletes who won the quota places should be nominated for Rio, unless Engleder does something really special in the next couple of months.

30 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Very sad for Durkovic, but i understand your federation. I think in a nation like China this wouldnt happen, they would never give away a possible medal chance so easy. Durkovic could maybe try to qualify in mens 10 m air rifle, taking away the quota place from Gorsa?

Gorša is more successful than Đurković. Đurković is only good in prone, Gorša is very good in air rifle and 3 positions.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There are 5 world ranked top-3 athletes who won't even go to the Olympics, including two world leaders? :yikes:

Arunovic from Serbia probably will be in Serbian team.  Quota is for NOC and Serbian federation after WC in Munich will publish a list for the Olympic Games

On 28.3.2016 at 11:54 AM, OlympicsFan said:

I know that the quota places are for nations and not for athletes, but in my opinion those athletes who won the quota places should be nominated for Rio, unless Engleder does something really special in the next couple of months.

Frankly, what you would do or what I would do doesn't really matter. In this case the DOSB made a decision, and they decided to give Engleder the same chance to qualify as the others.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:28 PM, hckosice said:

MEN´S SKEET

Qualified Nations:

• :ARG Federico Gil
  • :AUS James Bolding
  • :AUS Keith Ferguson
  • :AUT Sebastian Kuntschik
  • :BRA Renato Portela
  • :CUB Juan Miguel Rodriguez
  • :CYP Andreas Chasikos
  • :DEN Jesper Hansen
  • :EGY Franco Donato
  • :EGY Azmy Mehelba
  • :FRA Eric Delaunay
  • :FRA Anthony Terras
  • :GER Ralf Buchheim
  • :GRE Efthimios Mitas
  • :IND Mairaj Ahmad Khan
  • :ITA Valerio Luchini
  • :ITA Gabriele Rossetti
  • :KUW Abdullah Al-Rashidi
  • :KUW Saud Habib
  • :QAT Rashid Saleh Hamad
  • :RUS Alexander Zemlin
  • :SWE Stefan Nilsson
  • :SWE Marcus Svensson
  • :UKR Mykola Milchev
  • :UAE Saeed Al-Maktoum
  • :UAE Saif Bin Futtaif
  • :USA Thomas Bayer
  • :USA Vincent Hancock

Total Athletes Qualified  28

Total Nations Qualified  20

Luigi LODDA will replace Valerio Luchini at OG (withdrawn for personal reason)

23 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

Luigi LODDA will replace Valerio Luchini at OG (withdrawn for personal reason)

Thanks for the info :yes

also thanks to everyone who send the updated news, I´ll check them and update the lists in the next few days

Edited by hckosice

Info from Nemzeti Sport about :HUN team:

M Rifle - Péter Sidi (all), István Péni (air and three positions), Norbert Szabián (prone)

M Pistol - Miklós Tátrai (10m and 50m)

W Rifle - Julianna Miskolczi (both)

W Pistol - Renáta Tobai-Sike (both), Zsófia Csonka (25m), Viktória Egri (10m)