website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

The World Cup heads to Soldier Hollow next.  I am volunteering on the range Thurs-Sat.  Maybe I can be the guy who sweeps the range :)

Hopefully the weather is better this weekend. It was not nice in the Western half of the country the last few days.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

What do you mean?  This was about 30 miles from Soldier Hollow on Saturday evening.

The winds were really bad. Like, you probably shouldn't shoot a gun in these kind of gusts bad.

Maybe Soldier Hollow was more protected or less affected? I don't know enough about the weather dynamics there.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

The winds were really bad. Like, you probably shouldn't shoot a gun in these kind of gusts bad.

Maybe Soldier Hollow was more protected or less affected? I don't know enough about the weather dynamics there.

Well, it’s a hollow so….

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:FRA Sophie Chauveau will miss Soldier Hollow because she visited Cuba on a holiday trip some years ago and this was the reason USA didn't grant her a visa :coffee:

Worlds greatest democracy everyone.

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

Sturla got 3 penalty loops :yikes:.

Understandably, the view from the track onto the mountains is absolutely fantastic, who wouldn't want to do an extra 450m? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!