website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

@Dmitry So the cap has a pin from Moscow, was made in Nizhny Novgorod, features a pin from Novgorod, and somehow made its way to the 1974 Ukrainian Spartakiad. That’s so awesome. I really need to dig, and figure out how I came to be in possession of this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Dmitry So the cap has a pin from Moscow, was made in Nizhny Novgorod, features a pin from Novgorod, and somehow made its way to the 1974 Ukrainian Spartakiad. That’s so awesome. I really need to dig, and figure out how I came to be in possession of this.

The biggest pin on the cap is the coat of arms of Russia in general. The cap was made in Knyaginino, about 100 km from Nizhny Novgorod.

Well, if the cap was made in 1985 (assuming that’s what the 85 means), the 1974 Spartakiad pin is a even bigger mystery then.

The cap is very nice quality by the way. It was clearly made to last. It would be quite warm in the winter I think.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

How THE FUCKING HELL did you thought of "Polish double eagle"?

It’s the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Poland. I can’t wait to find out how wrong I am :p

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

CE3FD3CF-9B4A-45F6-9548-2E1AF1C311F6.jpeg

Here are some corps emblems for the uniforms of Soviet Army. 

Aviation                                                               Signal          

Military Topography

Construction Forces                                           Ground Forces in general (or maybe a sign only administrative military men)

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Poland. I can’t wait to find out how wrong I am :p

Double-headed Eagle is a tradition to Orthodox countries and the former Holy Roman Empire (aka the First Reich). Austria retained it after the HRE folded amid the Napoleonic wars.

Obviously Poland never adopted the Double-headed Eagle as its coat of arms so you are totally wrong here (not for the first time when it comes to Polish history). On the scale 0 to 100 I give you 0 :evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Poland