website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

Draw: Our Venue

Happy TISC Everyone! The voting is behind us, in theory more than practice for some (you know who you are), which means it’s nearly time to conduct the draw for voting positions. Of course, we can’t conduct the draw without a proper venue. I considered a handful of options, but I think there’s only one real choice for this occasion. Therefore, it is my pleasure to welcome everyone to the official state theater of California, the Pasadena Playhouse. 

Pasadena Playhouse Exterior.jpg
By Jeff Lorch, Pasadena Playhouse - pasadenaplayhouse.org, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

The theater was constructed through a community fundraising effort in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena in the 1920s. It was built to resemble Spanish colonial style buildings, and soon became a cornerstone establishment of American theater. It has a limited capacity, but there should be plenty of room to conduct today’s proceedings. If you’d like to have a look around the theater while we wait for the draw to begin, you can check out this article put together by theater photographer Mike Hume.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Official Announcement

:ISR has not voted. They will be allocated a voting position, but their participation should be considered conditional upon them submitting votes in the next few days. 

Should they not vote, I will leave that time slot open as a short break, or move up the time slots of other juries slightly. The team event draw will not take place today, so there will be no effect on that event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela